Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

China wants to raise the IQ of the next generation between 5-15 points

1. Mar 16, 2013 #1
    I find it surprising that China has found a way to measure intelligence! Let's kill all diversity and raise a new generation that are good at taking IQ tests.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2013 #2

jim mcnamara

Staff: Mentor

One way to improve cognitive skills in a population:

http://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/idd/en/

I believe China was on the list of places with an iodine deficiency back in the 1990's. Can't find the reference. If correct, it means lots of folks over there currently may have iodine deficiency induced issues. People with environmentally induced developmental disorders simply don't disappear instantly, nor does the root cause.

Perhaps, if we dealt with basic stuff like iodine deficiency and similar problems first, we might not need help like that. Or even see the need for it.

As a point of reference, Mentor Edit seems to be a less than unbaised source of information. My opinion. YMMV. Is this reported somewhere with a little less bias and a lot more science?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
  4. Mar 16, 2013 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

FastWing, we only use mainstream, valid news sources.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook