Chinese + Physics + Economics?

In summary, the speaker is interested in Physics, Econ, and Chinese and is considering using their Chinese skills in their career. They are also considering pursuing an MBA or a Master's in Engineering, specifically in the fields of Ocean or Aerospace. However, they are open to any advice or suggestions and are looking to solidify their career plans soon. They have found a website that may provide some guidance.
kkowalko
Hi,

So out of all the things I have studied, I really enjoy Physics, Econ, and Chinese. I feel like it should be a winning combination, and I was wondering what I can do with this? I would love to use my Chinese in some capacity, but I am always willing to give that up. I've been fumbling with the idea of an MBA or a Master's in some sort of Engineering, but I honestly don't know what I'm doing. I like the idea of Ocean/Aerospace engineering, and generally I am looking to not live in a lab.

Anything at all is useful - anecdotes, personal experience, anything you can tell me. I'm picking courses for next semester soon, and I'd like to have some sort of life plan figured out soon.

Physics news on Phys.org
This website could give you some ideas...

http://efinance.org.cn/cn/index.asp

Do not go into ocean engineering. It is so dead.

1. What is the relationship between Chinese, Physics, and Economics?

The relationship between Chinese, Physics, and Economics is complex and multifaceted. On one hand, China has a long history of valuing education and emphasizing the importance of STEM fields, including physics. On the other hand, China also has a rapidly growing economy and is currently the world's second largest economy. This intersection of science and economics has led to significant investments in research and development, particularly in fields related to physics and technology. Additionally, China's economic growth has led to a high demand for skilled workers in these fields, making the study of Chinese, Physics, and Economics a valuable combination.

2. How does China's economic growth impact the study of physics?

China's economic growth has had a significant impact on the study of physics. With a rapidly growing economy, China has been able to invest heavily in research and development, particularly in the field of physics. This has led to the creation of state-of-the-art research facilities and an increase in scientific publications and patents. Additionally, China's economic growth has resulted in a high demand for skilled workers in STEM fields, leading to more opportunities for research and career advancement in the field of physics.

3. What are some notable contributions of Chinese physicists to the field of economics?

Chinese physicists have made numerous notable contributions to the field of economics. For example, Chinese physicist Junjie Zhang developed a mathematical model that accurately predicted China's economic growth and helped inform government policies. Another Chinese physicist, Jun Zhang, pioneered the use of network theory in economics, leading to a better understanding of how economic systems function. Additionally, Chinese physicists have made significant contributions to the fields of econophysics and computational economics, using principles of physics to analyze and model economic systems.

4. How does the study of Chinese, Physics, and Economics benefit society?

The study of Chinese, Physics, and Economics has numerous benefits for society. First, it allows for a better understanding of China's economy and its impact on the global market. This can inform business decisions and economic policies. Additionally, the combination of these three fields can lead to innovative solutions to economic and societal problems, such as using technology to improve efficiency and sustainability. Finally, studying Chinese, Physics, and Economics can also foster cultural exchange and collaboration between different countries and disciplines.

5. How can studying Chinese, Physics, and Economics lead to career opportunities?

Studying Chinese, Physics, and Economics can lead to a wide range of career opportunities. With China's growing economy and demand for skilled workers in STEM fields, there are many job opportunities for individuals with a background in Chinese, Physics, and Economics. Some potential career paths include working in international business, finance, technology, research and development, and government positions. Additionally, the interdisciplinary nature of these fields can also lead to unique and diverse career paths, such as working in cross-cultural communication or sustainable development.