Chip on my shoulder;go ahead, knock it off, I dare You

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
In summary, there is a discussion about a commercial with Robert Conrad and a battery on his shoulder, and the conversation turns to the presence of a chip on one's shoulder. It is revealed that one person has a chip on their shoulder because they are never happy or satisfied, while another person's "beef" is with the "hams" out there. The conversation also mentions a Duracell commercial with Lee Majors and a quote from Kunfuseshus about being asked questions at the top of a mountain. One person also mentions having a cement block on their shoulders for strength.
timejim
Remember the commercial where, I believe, it was Robert Conrad, and he had a battery or something on his shoulder and dared for someone to knock it off?

Well, I have one, and go ahead, knock it off, I dare you!

Do you have a chip on your shoulder, and if so, what is it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Im not quite sure what you mean... but ill give it ago

The chip on my shoulder is that i am never happy or satisfied (just like Mick Jagger)

oh yeah, what's yours?

I think it was a Duracell commercial with Lee Majors, but I am not positive.

Sure, I'll do my best to knock the chip off your shoulder.
What's your beef?

Originally posted by one_raven
I think it was a Duracell commercial with Lee Majors, but I am not positive.

Sure, I'll do my best to knock the chip off your shoulder.
What's your beef?

My beef is all the "hams" out there, argh.

Kunfuseshus once said, as he was near the end of his life, "i just could never have imagined that so many dummies would go to the trouble to climb to the top of the mountain to just ask me a question that I had to make up an answer for. Geez

I have a huge cement block on my shoulders which strengthens the spinal erectors.

1. What does the phrase "chip on my shoulder" mean?

The phrase "chip on my shoulder" refers to someone who is holding on to a grudge or feeling angry or resentful towards someone else.

2. Is "go ahead, knock it off, I dare you" a challenge?

Yes, the phrase "go ahead, knock it off, I dare you" is a challenge to the person who is trying to knock off the metaphorical "chip" on the speaker's shoulder.

3. Why do people use this phrase?

People may use this phrase to express their defiance or to challenge someone who is trying to provoke them.

4. Is there a deeper meaning behind this phrase?

Some people may interpret this phrase as a way of standing up for oneself or refusing to back down in the face of adversity.

5. What are some situations where this phrase may be used?

This phrase can be used in a variety of situations, such as during a disagreement or confrontation, or as a response to someone trying to provoke or bully the speaker.