Be Good No More Naughty Chit Chat

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chat
In summary, the conversation begins with a realization that they have been "naughty" and should focus on being good and avoiding senseless chit chat. They discuss the weather and the location of one of the participants, with playful banter and references to British culture and customs. They also mention a Disney addiction and joke about taking a vacation from the "factual world." The conversation ends with a reference to the previous mention of chit chat and a reminder to be good.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Oh my, we have been NAUGHTY, from now on we
have to be good, no senseless chit chat. o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
You're right. So what are we doing here then? :rolleyes:

wolram said:

What? From now, only senseless gossips?

:)

Zz.

Last edited:
Nice weather we've been having lately, isn't it?

ZapperZ said:
What? From now, only senseless gossips?

:)

Zz.

You of all people should know, tittle tattle is worthless :biggrin: but enjoyable,
maybe you can forgive a holiday from the factual world.

so, woloram, how are you?

yes matthyyaaooouuuuuu, nice weather

yomamma said:
so, woloram, how are you?

yes matthyyaaooouuuuuu, nice weather

I am very well thankyou, The weather in warwickshire is rather temperate,
we have just endured a thunderstorm, but as you know old boy, us britts
are used to such inconveniences, as the storm has passed, we will be takeing
tea on the lawn, care for a tiffin?

You only just got the storm?

That was about 8 hours ago here

*Kia* said:
You only just got the storm?

That was about 8 hours ago here

When using the word, "just", one must be careful," just", could span a
millisecond or a millennium.
:biggrin:

I'm loving these thunderstorms at the moment. Can't be doing with all that hot hot heat.

Where's Kia, if not at home with daddy wolram?

brewnog said:
I'm loving these thunderstorms at the moment. Can't be doing with all that hot hot heat.

Where's Kia, if not at home with daddy wolram?

Well, if you follow the river itch ,to where it bends 90 degrees, cross the
jaggy plank,then follow the footpath for three miles, then follow the river
leam for 4 miles in a southerly direction, you will se Kias place.

wolram said:

Why do I bother?! :biggrin:

brewnog said:
Why do I bother?! :biggrin:

Maybe because you are a good old boy at heart

wolram said:
You of all people should know, tittle tattle is worthless :biggrin: but enjoyable,
maybe you can forgive a holiday from the factual world.

Really... Considering all the superficialness that I've indulged myself with my Disney addictions (obsession?), I'd say that I've taken an almost permanent vacation from the "factual world". But don't tell my boss that! :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Really... Considering all the superficialness that I've indulged myself with my Disney addictions (obsession?), I'd say that I've taken an almost permanent vacation from the "factual world". But don't tell my boss that! :)

Zz.
Uh oh, have we sucked Zz into the nether world of hapiness and bliss that is GD?

No Zz, you still have too much knowledge to offer the world. But you are now one of us, so your Disney addiction offers us a world of delight. :approve: :smile:

wolram said:
Are you sure you're not in Wales? Anyway...

Mind if I drop in for a spot of tea? I'll remember to wear my white gloves with buttons. :biggrin:

Wot? Mercury has climbed into the 20s has it? :smile: Dastardly inconsiderate of it, wouldn't you say old boy? We certainly didn't tolerate any of *that* sort of nonsense when I was a young lass!

Nereid said:
Wot? Mercury has climbed into the 20s has it? :smile: Dastardly inconsiderate of it, wouldn't you say old boy? We certainly didn't tolerate any of *that* sort of nonsense when I was a young lass!
20's is hot? Geez, I've been outside working half the day (the hot half of course :rolleyes: ) and I'm sitting here as the sun is near to setting looking at the thermometer that's reading 30 (yes, that's C)...that looks to be about 84 F, and it's just cool enough to relax out on the deck comfortably. Of course I might have preferred if this was the temperature in the midday sun rather than at sunset. Oops, got to go let a lightning bug back out, it seems to have wound up on the wrong side of the screen.

Moonbear said:
20's is hot? Geez, I've been outside working half the day (the hot half of course :rolleyes: ) and I'm sitting here as the sun is near to setting looking at the thermometer that's reading 30 (yes, that's C)...that looks to be about 84 F, and it's just cool enough to relax out on the deck comfortably. Of course I might have preferred if this was the temperature in the midday sun rather than at sunset. Oops, got to go let a lightning bug back out, it seems to have wound up on the wrong side of the screen.
But my dear Moonbeam, our fellow PFers are in *England*, remember? Warwickshire, and delightfully pleasant other shires! It's the place where the horses sweat, the men perspire, and the women glow. And the reason the do that is because 'hot', in BBC English, means 'above 20' :wink:

So when brewnog says 'hot hot heat', he probably means ~22 C :eek:

Nereid said:
But my dear Moonbeam, our fellow PFers are in *England*, remember? Warwickshire, and delightfully pleasant other shires! It's the place where the horses sweat, the men perspire, and the women glow. And the reason the do that is because 'hot', in BBC English, means 'above 20' :wink:

:rofl: I'll have to remember it's called "glowing." Us crass Americans just sweat. :tongue2:

wolram said:
AS I remember there was no mentionn about chitchat in "are you a good person test?",so could you tell me why you've decided to repent and become a good boy again? :confused:

Moonbear said:
Are you sure you're not in Wales? Anyway...

Mind if I drop in for a spot of tea? I'll remember to wear my white gloves with buttons. :biggrin:

PLEASE DO, would like cucumber sandwiches, scones with strawberry jam and
cream with your tea?

Nereid said:

Actually Neried old girl, we endured an astonishing 95f+ jolly unpleasent
i must say, one had to loosen ones collar what.

Lisa! said:
AS I remember there was no mentionn about chitchat in "are you a good person test?",so could you tell me why you've decided to repent and become a good boy again? :confused:
Lisa, there are, "other" places where people talk about really really
important stuff, stuff that could decide our destiny :yuck: so from
now on i am going to be o:)

Yeah, my mercury reached 32 C the other day, so less of that thanks Nereid and Moonbear!

Did you USians hear about that train which got stranded with no power the other day? The air conditioning and electric doors couldn't operate. Apparently temperatures reached 120 Fahrenheit, people were fainting all over the place, they had to smash windows to escape in the end. Now that's hot.

wolram said:
Lisa, there are, "other" places where people talk about really really
important stuff, stuff that could decide our destiny :yuck: so from
now on i am going to be o:)
so you're going to be the person that I thought you are at first! :smile:

Lisa! said:
so you're going to be the person that I thought you are at first! :smile:
Um er um, i was a bad baddie, but now i am, "almost", a good goodie, but i
may regress sometime, cucumber sandwich?

wolram said:
Um er um, i was a bad baddie, but now i am, "almost", a good goodie, but i
may regress sometime, cucumber sandwich?
I don't know what you want to do but I want to be a bad girl,I think I am by now,because I'm tired of being a good girl! :devil:

Lisa! said:
I don't know what you want to do but I want to be a bad girl,I think I am by now,because I'm tired of being a good girl! :devil:

There are degrees of badness, some think being bad is having a good time,
but believe me LISA, my old badness did not bring any joy, only pain scars
and sorrow, enjoy yourself to the full and be happy.

Ah you should come over to our quaint little town of Royal Leamington Spa.
For mid week we recorded temperatures as outrageously hot as 37C - definitely not the weather for working in.

*goes away to re-arrange fingers so she may type properly once again*