Have you tried making chocolate mousse with truffles?

• Thread starter Sorry!
  • Start date
In summary, Duncan Hines' special tiara desert cake used a special pan that had a dark chocolate mousse filling. Milk chocolate is for the common folk, while dark chocolate is for the rich and chocolate lovers.
Sorry!
Well, I just whipped up some chocolate mousse, a dark-chocolate with truffles and I must say it tasted pretty good... but I'm wondering what types of mousse you guys have made and liked? If you could post the recipe that'd be great. I've only ever made this mousse and I think it tastes great but I'm looking to expand my knowledge of the desert :tongue:

As well I want to try to bake a cake sometime utilizing the mousse have any of you guys done this before? How'd it turn out?

Physics news on Phys.org
Have deleted several responses to a deleted post. Let's try to get this thread started on topic.

I once had an awesome recipe for lime mousse. It was tangy and delightful.

Duncan Hines once had a delightful special tiara desert cake that used a special pan that had a dark chocolate mousse filling. I got hooked, then they stopped making it.

Do you like milk or dark chocolate?

Sometime I want to try http://www.mixingbowl.com/message/recipe/view.castle?g=1010883&m=6304637 ! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
jtbell said:
Sometime I want to try http://www.mixingbowl.com/message/recipe/view.castle?g=1010883&m=6304637 ! :cool:
Aww, those are cute!

Looks like you can even have beer with your mousse.
http://static.px.yelp.com/bphoto/ezj6myjixuYEb3icG2Pi7Q/l

Tsu and I once got on a C Mousse kick that included a variety of C mousse ice cream recipes. Twenty pounds later we decided to give it up.

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu and I once got on a C Mousse kick that included a variety of C mousse ice cream recipes. Twenty pounds later we decided to give it up.

bahaha :tongue:

and Evo I like milk chocolate more :smile:

Tsu and I both like dark chocolate.

You do know that milk chocolate is for the common folk, right? :biggrin:

1. What is chocolate mousse with truffles?

Chocolate mousse with truffles is a rich and decadent dessert made with a combination of chocolate mousse and truffles, which are small round balls of chocolate ganache coated in cocoa powder.

2. How do you make chocolate mousse with truffles?

To make chocolate mousse with truffles, you will need to first make a basic chocolate mousse by combining melted chocolate, whipped cream, and beaten egg whites. Then, fold in chopped truffles before refrigerating the mixture to set. Once set, scoop the mousse into individual serving dishes and top with more chopped truffles before serving.

3. Can I use any type of truffles for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of truffles for this recipe. However, it is recommended to use high-quality truffles for the best flavor and texture.

4. How long does it take to make chocolate mousse with truffles?

The overall time to make chocolate mousse with truffles can vary, but on average it takes about 30 minutes to prepare the mousse and an additional 2 hours for it to set in the refrigerator.

5. Can I make chocolate mousse with truffles ahead of time?

Yes, you can make chocolate mousse with truffles ahead of time. The mousse can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Just make sure to add the chopped truffles and serve within a few hours of taking it out of the fridge for the best texture and flavor.