Is Chocolate the New Way to Say 'I Love You'?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, the new Hersheys commercial is hilarious and clever, and it's no wonder that the advertising firm is getting paid big bucks to come up with ideas like this.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The new Hersheys commercial cracks me up! They are trying to redefine flowers as saying "I'm sorry", and chocolate as saying "I love you". And like the girl in the commercial says, who wants to hear "I'm sorry" for Valentines Day! :rofl: Those advertising clowns kill me.

They have gotten us before: Diamond engagement rings were established as the norm by the diamond industry funded movie "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend". Also, Christmas is mostly an advertising sham.

Physics news on Phys.org
But diamonds last forever...

So can chocolate! Remember, a moment on the lips but a lifetime on the hips. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
So can chocolate! Remember, a moment on the lips but a lifetime on the hips. :biggrin:

:rofl: :rofl:

"Are you trying to make me fat?"

"No sweetie, just think of it as meaning i'll love you even after all the weight you gain from the chocolate"

Ivan Seeking said:
The new Hersheys commercial cracks me up! They are trying to redefine flowers as saying "I'm sorry", and chocolate as saying "I love you". And like the girl in the commercial says, who wants to hear "I'm sorry" for Valentines Day! :rofl: Those advertising clowns kill me.

I saw that ad last night and thought it was hysterical! It's not just that they're trying to redefine flowers as "I'm sorry" and chocolate as "I love you," but that they're doing it for a Hershey bar! Just try giving a woman a Hershey bar for Valentine's Day and see what happens! :rofl: It's one thing if you are just giving it to a friend with one of those cute little cards like the kids trade (then it's cute), but it does not say "I love you." It's more like, "I'm sorry I'm such a putz I only got you a Hershey bar for Valentine's Day." If they were going to try this marketing strategy, they could have at least tried it with their boxed "Pot O' Gold" chocolates. The thing is, some advertising firm is getting paid big bucks to come up with these ideas! :rofl:

franznietzsche said:
:rofl: :rofl:

"Are you trying to make me fat?"

"No sweetie, just think of it as meaning i'll love you even after all the weight you gain from the chocolate"

Aww, it seems you're a romantic afterall. :rofl: :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
Aww, it seems you're a romantic afterall. :rofl: :tongue2:

No, that's that ability to always say the right thing that i was talking about.

I can't wait to see this commercial.

1. What is the meaning behind giving someone "Chocolate says I love you" as a gift?

The phrase is often used to express romantic feelings and affection towards someone. Chocolate is often associated with love and indulgence, making it a popular gift for significant others.

2. Is there any scientific evidence that supports giving chocolate as a way to show love?

Yes, there have been studies that suggest chocolate can have a positive effect on mood and feelings of love. Chocolate contains several compounds, such as phenylethylamine, that can stimulate the release of dopamine and serotonin, which are associated with feelings of pleasure and happiness.

3. Does the type of chocolate matter when using it to say "I love you"?

It ultimately depends on the individual's preference, but dark chocolate is often considered the most romantic. This is because it contains higher levels of cocoa, which has been linked to increased feelings of love and attraction.

4. Can chocolate really say "I love you" better than words?

While chocolate can certainly convey feelings of love and affection, it is important to also verbally express your emotions. Giving chocolate as a gift is a sweet gesture, but it should not replace communication in a relationship.

5. Is there a specific way to give chocolate as a way to say "I love you"?

There is no right or wrong way to give chocolate as a gift, but personalization can make it even more special. Choosing a loved one's favorite type of chocolate or creating a homemade treat can add a personalized touch to the gesture.