Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chocolate says I love you

1. Feb 11, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The new Hersheys commercial cracks me up! They are trying to redefine flowers as saying "I'm sorry", and chocolate as saying "I love you". And like the girl in the commercial says, who wants to hear "I'm sorry" for Valentines Day! :rofl: Those advertising clowns kill me.

They have gotten us before: Diamond engagement rings were established as the norm by the diamond industry funded movie "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend". Also, Christmas is mostly an advertising sham.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2005 #2
    But diamonds last forever...

4. Feb 11, 2005 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So can chocolate! Remember, a moment on the lips but a lifetime on the hips. :biggrin:

5. Feb 11, 2005 #4
    :rofl: :rofl:

"Are you trying to make me fat?"

"No sweetie, just think of it as meaning i'll love you even after all the weight you gain from the chocolate"

6. Feb 11, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I saw that ad last night and thought it was hysterical! It's not just that they're trying to redefine flowers as "I'm sorry" and chocolate as "I love you," but that they're doing it for a Hershey bar! Just try giving a woman a Hershey bar for Valentine's Day and see what happens! :rofl: It's one thing if you are just giving it to a friend with one of those cute little cards like the kids trade (then it's cute), but it does not say "I love you." It's more like, "I'm sorry I'm such a putz I only got you a Hershey bar for Valentine's Day." If they were going to try this marketing strategy, they could have at least tried it with their boxed "Pot O' Gold" chocolates. The thing is, some advertising firm is getting paid big bucks to come up with these ideas! :rofl:

7. Feb 11, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aww, it seems you're a romantic afterall. :rofl: :tongue2:

8. Feb 11, 2005 #7

No, thats that ability to always say the right thing that i was talking about.

9. Feb 11, 2005 #8

eax

I can't wait to see this commercial.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?