Choose which is better to love

Lisa!
Gold Member
OMG!:rofl: The title of this thread is so funny but I have to say sadly most of the time people calculate(?) who's better to love and it's not their feelings which lead them here!

Why would you bother marrying either one of them?

Sounds like the ugly one is a great friend to you, and the hot one is merely a play toy.

My suggestions... Keep it that way. After 10 years goes by... see which one is still around.

Mk
OMG!:rofl: The title of this thread is so funny but I have to say sadly most of the time people calculate(?) who's better to love and it's not their feelings which lead them here!
You can't let only your emotions make the decision of marriage.

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You mean there is more involved than a multi-variable max/min problem with constraints? :confused: :biggrin:

Lisa!
Gold Member
You can't let only your emotions make the decision of marriage.
Hmmm..sorta agree with you! But loving someone only because s/he has so many benefits for you doesn't sound like true love. It's like you're only pretending these feeling towrds someone and I think that's not honesty.:wink:

All this type of thread are good for is making me realize I'm more shallow than I'd like to know :rofl::bugeye:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
You mean there is more involved than a multi-variable max/min problem with constraints? :confused: :biggrin:
Well it does involve complex analysis with lots of singularities. One has to be able to distinguish between real and imaginary, and focus on one's conjugate.

All this type of thread are good for is making me realize I'm more shallow than I'd like to know :rofl::bugeye:
I know I'm trying hard to be a decent person. But since even now I think with my nadgers, it's not easy. I hope I've matured beyond certain Earthly concerns, and learnt to look at "love" unbound, but sadly I'm as mortal as the next man and sexual chemistry counts for a lot. I think you just trust that given enough time wisdom intercedes despite the things that make you merely an animal. But there is still just someone that makes you go OMFG! And lose your ability to think rationally. It's a rocky road. :smile: