1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Choosing a Major

1. Jul 7, 2010 #1
    Hi! I'm an upcoming senior in high school and I have been spending a lot of my time trying to choose which field would be best for me. I've highly considered engineering but I want to keep all of my options open. My main interests are math and physics, but I am also interested in chemistry. While taking this into account, I also want to choose a career that will have a good future and that will pay a high salary. Taking all of this into account, what career should i pursue?

Some majors that I have considered are aerospace engineering and chemical engineering. Can any of you also tell me specific information as to the future job opportunities and salaries of these two majors?

Also could someone tell me how physics can be incorporated in chemical engineering?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2010 #2
    Just think about what you like and what you want to spend your whole life with....

4. Jul 11, 2010 #3
    I took a while to decide what I wanted to do, I decided on nanotechnology and related fields because I realized that it would be fun, it has a huge future, and I am so excited about the new technologies that will come out of it.
    What specific career are you interested in? There are hundreds of things you could do with a degree in aerospace engineering.

5. Jul 14, 2010 #4
    I took some time to think about it and i am starting to consider biomedical engineering. It seems like an interesting career and it has a bright future. I am also aware that it has aspects of many other types of engineering in it tho such as mechanical, chemical, and electrical. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook