1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Choosing a Uni?

1. Jul 12, 2015 #1
    I have offers from Queen Mary London, Sussex and Leicester, but I think I'm leaning slightly towards Queen Mary.

In terms of intensity, it seems Leicester is the most intense then QM then Sussex, based on the number of modules in each year. Is this something worth taking into account and how much did course content influence your decision when choosing an institute?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Can you tell us more about what you plan to major in? and how far you plan to go like MS or PhD...

4. Jul 13, 2015 #3

pasmith

Homework Helper

Did you not consider this when you first decided what universities you would apply to, and rank them in order of preference at that stage?

This is the UK. If they applied to study physics then they will study physics and nothing else.

5. Jul 13, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Thanks for the UK differences. I just didn't see where the OP said he was majoring in Physics.

6. Jul 14, 2015 #5
    Yes I'm majoring in physics, I intend to go up to MS.

I already have my grades. I'm actually changing uni and course, and I had to apply late because of this, so my options were limited. Only about half of UK unis offer physics, and I could really only consider 3/4 of those unis(because of my grades) some of which weren't accepting anymore, so I knew pretty soon where I'd be applying.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook