1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Choosing between colleges in Ohio

1. Oct 15, 2012 #1
    Hello, I'm new to the forum but have read within it before. I have struggled when deciding to major either in engineering or physics. I'm now fairly certain that I want to follow the physics route due to the fact that I've always been a thinker not a builder, and I have a higher interest in pure physics than applied. Now my dispute is between colleges. I have been looking at OSU, Ohio Northern, Kent State, and University of Cincinnati. I've visited OSU and Ohio Northern but still need to check out the other two. While OSU is strong in physics I'm set back by the size and magnitude of students and I'm also unsure as if I could make it into main campus with my test scores, GPA, and class rank. But I may end up going to a regional campus for my first year but then again the size of OSU scares me into believing that the attention wil not be there.

Next I visited ONU which has a great faculty and staff that seems to really want you to succeed but when reviewing the professors of physics on rate my professor many got poorly rated. On the other hand I talked to one of the professors for a half hour walking around the lab and talking about what they have to offer. They have a 100 percent placement and have many opportunities for research because they only hold undergrads. I'm just in a dispute between them all cause Kent and Cincinati are also nationally ranked by US News. Does any one have any advice or experience with these colleges? If so, advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted