Christian militia accused of plotting to kill cops

• News
  • Thread starter zomgwtf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plotting
In summary: Anyways why are you talking specifically about Michigan? This christian militia has people from all over in it.I was talking about Michigan both because the group that was arrested was based in Michigan and because I have oddly specific knowledge about militias in Michigan. Also, there is a strong militia culture in Michigan which is less religious oriented in general, which makes it a convenient place to examine to see why militias would be on the rise outside of the influence of religion.
zomgwtf
Nine alleged members of a Christian militia group that was girding for battle with the Antichrist were charged Monday with plotting to kill a police officer and slaughter scores more by bombing the funeral — all in hopes of touching off an uprising against the U.S. government.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100329/ap_on_re_us/us_fbi_raids [Broken]

These guys are crazy, they legit believe that they are preparing for a war beside Christ. What sickened me the most is that they are willing to kill an officer in order to kill even more people at the funeral.

Someone on CTV news just now said that they believe these groups are sprouting all over the place due to the fall of the economy. Too much time in the hands of the conspiracy theorist or those in the American 'bible belt'?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, that is pretty bad. Glad they caught those morons.

zomgwtf said:
Too much time in the hands of the conspiracy theorist or those in the American 'bible belt'?

Michigan? Bible belt?

Michigan used to have an organization of militias that numbered 20,000 strong in the late 90's, but then there was some infighting, legal trouble and failed assassinations that for some reason caused people to quit. Apparently they're back on the rebound now... whether it's because there's a democratic president again or it just takes 10 years to get over that stuff is a different question. Here's their website
http://www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/smvm.htm [Broken]

The militia group in question here was kicked out of the SMVM

Bunch of idiots. None of the other militias will even train with these loonies.

Have you seen their youtube videos?
Here is their page: http://www.youtube.com/user/hutaree" [Broken]

They haven't been online for three days, which is the time since they have been caught!

Office_Shredder said:
Michigan? Bible belt?

Michigan used to have an organization of militias that numbered 20,000 strong in the late 90's, but then there was some infighting, legal trouble and failed assassinations that for some reason caused people to quit. Apparently they're back on the rebound now... whether it's because there's a democratic president again or it just takes 10 years to get over that stuff is a different question

Oh no no I was specifically talking about the rise in the nation as a whole not about this specific instance. The person on CTV said that they believe these groups have risen all throughout the country because of the poor economy. They also said that most of them were conspiracy theorist etc..

Anyways why are you talking specifically about Michigan? This christian militia has people from all over in it.

I think it is a requirement to be a conspiracy theorist to be in a militia!

MotoH said:
Bunch of idiots. None of the other militias will even train with these loonies.

Have you seen their youtube videos?
Here is their page: http://www.youtube.com/user/hutaree" [Broken]

They haven't been online for three days, which is the time since they have been caught!

That's their actually website, I don't know if I can post it here though so if it's not allowed could the mentor just delete it?

That site also has links to other groups of militias.

Edit by Evo: Probably best not to link to it here. If people want to find it on their own they can.

Did you see their forums?

Check out the bigotry on those! And I don't suggest opening any of the threads in the general discussion. looks like you know who found them.

I didn't really look through the forums I'll go check it out now. I sure hope that these nutcases didn't actually think that they'd be able to take on the American military.

I am glad the SWAT used shock and awe to keep any other groups from trying to pull anything stupid like these guys did.

zomgwtf said:
I sure hope that these nutcases didn't actually think that they'd be able to take on the American military.
Well if you can lure them all into following you across the Red Sea - there is a precedence.

zomgwtf said:
Oh no no I was specifically talking about the rise in the nation as a whole not about this specific instance. The person on CTV said that they believe these groups have risen all throughout the country because of the poor economy. They also said that most of them were conspiracy theorist etc..

Anyways why are you talking specifically about Michigan? This christian militia has people from all over in it.

I was talking about Michigan both because the group that was arrested was based in Michigan and because I have oddly specific knowledge about militias in Michigan. Also, there is a strong militia culture in Michigan which is less religious oriented in general, which makes it a convenient place to examine to see why militias would be on the rise outside of the influence of religion. I didn't realize the latter part of your post was referring specifically to religious militia

mgb_phys said:
Well if you can lure them all into following you across the Red Sea - there is a precedence.

As long as they don't have any spies in Canaan.

1. What is a Christian militia?

A Christian militia is a group of individuals who use their Christian beliefs as the basis for their actions and operations. They often view themselves as defenders of their faith and may engage in activities such as training in combat and the stockpiling of weapons.

2. What is the alleged plot to kill cops?

The Christian militia in question is accused of plotting to attack and kill police officers in order to incite a larger uprising against the government. They reportedly planned to use explosives and other weapons in their attack.

3. How did the authorities become aware of this plot?

The authorities were alerted to the alleged plot by an informant who had infiltrated the Christian militia group. This informant provided information to law enforcement about the group's plans and activities.

4. What charges have been brought against the accused members of the Christian militia?

The accused members of the Christian militia have been charged with various crimes, including conspiracy to commit sedition, attempted use of weapons of mass destruction, and possession of firearms by a prohibited person.

5. Are there any connections between this Christian militia and other extremist groups?

While there is no confirmed connection between this Christian militia and other extremist groups, some members of the accused have been linked to anti-government and white supremacist ideologies through their social media posts and online activities.

Back