Christianity & the O.T.

• Thread starter Phobos
  • Start date
It took me two years to study the Old and New Testament and I have to say it was worth the time spent!

I had thought for many many years that they were two spearate books but they are not. The New Testament really ties everything together. You can see when reading the New Testiment why he had to have the Isralites travel in the desert for 40 years. If Jesus had not come man the place we would be. There are tons of things that the Old Testament said were going to happen and then did happen in the New Testament. There are even things said that were going to happen and have just happened here in the last 50+ years!

LW Sleeth:
Adam and Eve has to be myth (who could have recorded their story?), and so where did the story come from?

The book of Geneis was written by Moses

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17

and

For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
2 Peter1:21

Originally posted by Laser Eyes
"prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Timothy 1:21

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God" - 2 Timothy 3:16
Laser Eyes...

"prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Timothy 1:21

I found that in 2 Peter 1:21..... Is that the one you were meaning?

It sounds like the one I meant Sourire. I'm in Jakarta at the moment on my way to London and I didn't bring a Bible with me so I can't check it but it sounds like I got the name of the book wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

Originally posted by Laser Eyes
It sounds like the one I meant Sourire. I'm in Jakarta at the moment on my way to London and I didn't bring a Bible with me so I can't check it but it sounds like I got the name of the book wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.
Hopefully you don't mind that I corrected you.....Just wanted to be sure!

Have a safe trip!

CubeX
well...

Well, there's A LOT of similarities. But basically, where the Old Testament prophesied, the N.T. fulfilled. I'd go over a few of them, but it would take too long to do so and it's 1:30 A.M. my time - I just can't sleep!

Also, I think it's just flat-out useful for a Christian to argue against a nonChristian about evolution when:
1) Non-Christians don't believe in the Bible! Why do they care about Gen 1 and 2? I wouldn't!
2) Most Christians don't even know the full extent of creationism is and they usually don't know what evolution fully states anyways! They might know what Neo-Darwinism states, but, come on! Let's do some studying!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian, but I've been train and train myself to not be so stuck-to-what-they-told-me. Sometimes, it's good to question your beliefs, it'll show you what's been taught wrong and what hasn't been. (But first you'd better take a Bible study course!)

-CubeX

I agree that is why I took two years to study both books so that I can see what it says and not what other people say it says. It is important to find it out for your self.