Are natural disasters signs of Jesus' second coming?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earthquake
In summary: They also believe that when the world ends, the gods will return and the world will start over.In summary, christians believe that because an earthquake has happened, it is a sign that their god is coming back. They seem to be happy about this and think that it means that their god is powerful and merciful. However, this god is also ruthless and can cause a lot of death.
Saint
When earthquake happened, some christians are very happy about it, they think this is a Good Sign that Jesus' second coming is impending!

Do you agree with this type of phycho ?

Do you think they are cold-blooded?

I don't think they go to the disaster area to offer humanitarian help to the earthquake victims, merciful enough ?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I think there was a passage in the Bible saying...

To look for and pray always...

No, I don't think they are wishing so much for people to die, as they are for the return of Christ. I can see how it can 'look bad' though...

jus wonder, the bible predicted a lot of disasters , but what does its God do to rectify and save the world?

i can see this God is ruthless as Hitler.

Originally posted by Saint
jus wonder, the bible predicted a lot of disasters , but what does its God do to rectify and save the world?

i can see this God is ruthless as Hitler.

When you say "predicts" do you mean that it makes statements of things to come (that haven't already come)?

I am completely unaware of the bible stating any such claims of events that are tied to specific dates that we know have not yet come.

However, skipping that, no the christian God doesn't save people.

Remember that it's not an issue to do in a disaster. Death is something to look forward to all your life in the christian religion!

VIVA DEATH!

The new testament does make many foretelling about bad situations that precede Jesus second advent,
besides, it does not provide a way for us to solve these problems.

in short, unbelievers are doomed, and believers will be saved,
this is the impression of christianity gives me-- save nothing, only omens.

Like Boulderhead said, those types of people can both feel bad for the victims of the disaster and feel happy at the same time that they are seeing signs of their salvation. Often times, I would suspect, that the happiness would only be there if they were not in the middle of the disaster themselves.

Of course, there are crazy folks...like that group that tried to go to Israel on the year 2000 in order to cause great disasters/crimes in order to hasten the Second Coming. But I think/hope they are a rare/extreme fringe of the norm.

Originally posted by Saint
When earthquake happened, some christians are very happy about it, they think this is a Good Sign that Jesus' second coming is impending!

Acts of God have nothing to do with God.

Primitive people believed that Sun is pushed across sky by Apollo or that earthquake is made by God. And many still do.

Present day Maya people believe in 70 day-time gods and 200 night time gods to explain almost all they see.

1. How do Christians explain natural disasters like earthquakes?

Many Christians believe that natural disasters like earthquakes are a result of the brokenness and imperfection in the world caused by the fall of humanity. In Christian theology, the world was originally created perfect and free from any kind of suffering or disaster. However, when sin entered the world, it brought about destruction and chaos, including natural disasters.

2. Do Christians believe that God causes earthquakes?

There is no single answer to this question as beliefs about God and natural disasters vary among Christians. Some believe that God is in control of everything, including natural disasters, and that He allows them to happen for a greater purpose. Others believe that natural disasters are a result of the fallen world and are not necessarily caused by God.

3. How do Christians respond to the idea that God is punishing people through earthquakes?

Many Christians do not believe that God uses natural disasters as a form of punishment. They believe that God is a loving and compassionate God who does not desire to harm His creation. Instead, they see natural disasters as a consequence of living in a broken world, and believe that God offers comfort and support during these difficult times.

4. Is there a biblical basis for Christians to provide aid and support during earthquakes?

Yes, there are many passages in the Bible that encourage Christians to help those in need, especially during times of crisis. In Matthew 25:35-40, Jesus teaches that when we help those who are suffering, we are also helping Him. Christians are called to show love and compassion to those affected by disasters, and providing aid and support is one way to do that.

5. How can Christians find hope and comfort in the aftermath of an earthquake?

For Christians, finding hope and comfort in difficult times comes from their faith in God. They believe that God is with them and will never leave them, even in the midst of tragedy. Christians also find hope in the promise of eternal life and the belief that God can bring good out of any situation. Additionally, coming together with other believers to pray and support one another can bring comfort and strength during challenging times.