Can you help me expand my stamp collection with a Christmas card exchange?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Christmas
In summary, the person is looking for a pen pal and would like to exchange Christmas cards with someone. If the person said yes, they would like to know the address of the person they would be exchanging cards with.
Saint
I am a stamp collector;
I would like to appeal to all of you,
please send me christmas card, and i will send you back a card too.
In this way, I can collect stamps from other countries.

My address is:

Mr. Lim Ying Pio(Saint),
8, Jalan Putra Bistari 2/5F,
Putra Height, 47650, Subang Jaya, Malaysia.

Please give me yours, if you respond to my request.

Thank you. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
If you give me your address, i will send out letter by early December.

I like pen pal.

I thought canceled stamps were worth considerably less than unused ones.

- Warren

Americans are so unfriendly.

Saint said:
Americans are so unfriendly.
Let's not forget immoral and non virginal... :rofl:

Anyway, I'm not going to be a penpal either. Not because I don't like you (I adore you, actually) but because I'm not that kind of guy.

I would do but I'm allergic to writing. Besides, sending letters to people is about as immoral as pinching a nun's ass.

Saint, I'm not really into the snail mail version of pen pal letter writing, but I have a friend who likes to collect canceled stamps (I guess it's sort of like collecting the postmark as well?) If you don't mind, I'll forward your address to him and he would probably appreciate the returned card and stamp much more than I would. I'll wait until you give me permission to send your address before I contact him since he isn't a member of PF.

Moonbear said:
Saint, I'm not really into the snail mail version of pen pal letter writing, but I have a friend who likes to collect canceled stamps (I guess it's sort of like collecting the postmark as well?) If you don't mind, I'll forward your address to him and he would probably appreciate the returned card and stamp much more than I would. I'll wait until you give me permission to send your address before I contact him since he isn't a member of PF.

if he said yes, please let me know his address so that i can reply him.

1. How does a Christmas card exchange help in expanding my stamp collection?

A Christmas card exchange allows you to receive stamps from different parts of the world that you may not have in your current collection. This can help you expand your collection and add diversity to it.

2. How do I find people to participate in the Christmas card exchange for stamp collectors?

You can find people to participate in the Christmas card exchange through online stamp collecting forums, social media groups, or by reaching out to other stamp collectors you know. You can also join stamp collecting clubs or organizations that organize such exchanges.

3. What is the process for participating in a Christmas card exchange for stamp collectors?

The process may vary depending on the group or organization organizing the exchange, but generally, you will need to sign up and provide your contact information. Once the exchange begins, you will receive a list of addresses to send your Christmas cards and stamps to. You will also receive cards and stamps from other participants in return.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in a Christmas card exchange for stamp collectors?

Yes, there may be rules or guidelines set by the group or organization organizing the exchange. These may include the number of Christmas cards and stamps to be sent, the deadline for sending them, and any specific instructions for packaging and mailing the cards and stamps.

5. Can I specify the type of stamps I want to receive in the Christmas card exchange?

It depends on the exchange and the participants involved. Some exchanges may allow you to specify your preferences, while others may be random. It's always best to communicate your preferences with the organizer or participants beforehand to increase your chances of receiving stamps that interest you.