Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Christmas Carol for the Physicists

1. Dec 23, 2009 #1

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2009 #2
    I have no idea who that was designed for, possibly to indoctrinate children. The music is very poor, the science is inexistent, the political argument is preposterous. I consider you insult physicists by posting that this loss of time is suitable for them.

4. Dec 23, 2009 #3
    I found the parody quite funny. I didn't think at all about the science or validity of it. I may not show it to someone who has Rush Limbaugh in their ipod. To scientists, it should be ok. I don't think it insults anyone. Do you get insulted when you watch a movie where animals talk, because in real life it doesn't happen?

5. Dec 23, 2009 #4
    It does ridicule GW alarmists in general and Al Gore in particular. It is a political joke. A scientific joke should have the beginning of a scientific content. Why is it suitable for "physicists" or even "scientists" in general ?

A movie with talking animals can be enjoyable, it could even have a scientific content.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook