Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Christmas Presents

1. Dec 25, 2007 #1
    So, who got what for christmas?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2007 #2

turbo

Gold Member

I got the chance to have a nice Christmas dinner with my 81 year-old father. He'll drop in about an hour from now, and we'll have roast pork, baked beans, cole slaw, biscuits, and pumpkin pie. The house smells great! Merry Christmas.

4. Dec 25, 2007 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Rumor has it that my youngest daughter is buying me the 1st Season DVD set of "Robin of Sherwood" the PBS series starring Michael Praed. :!!) :!!) :!!)

[​IMG]

It's amazing how perceptive she is, seems like only two days ago that I forced her to sit in front of my computer as I pulled up the amazon.com link to the series and had her memorize it. :redface:

5. Dec 25, 2007 #4
    Nice, we had supper with my sister and her boyfriend last night, this morning we opened all our presents. I got a few dvd's, a couple of cds, some candy, and a knife sharpener that I wanted.

6. Dec 25, 2007 #5

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Going along with the food theme, my sister and her husband are feeding my wife, my daughter, and me turkey dinner in a few hours.

7. Dec 25, 2007 #6
    I would say that the most important thing I got was PF contributor status :biggrin:.

Oh, and a pair of Oakleys. YEAHH

8. Dec 25, 2007 #7

radou

Homework Helper

Cash, a nice sweater, a perfume, and fitness gloves. :biggrin:

The DVD-s and CD-s I ordered from amazon didn't arrive yet, though. :rolleyes:

9. Dec 25, 2007 #8

Evo

WOOT!!!!!

Congratulations on going gold!!!! :approve:

10. Dec 25, 2007 #9
    My parents sent me a small christmas tree and some ornaments and lights for me to decorate it with. I live alone and they knew I wouldn't have a tree of my own. It was a very thoughtful gift. I just opened it this morning and I'm about to decorate it now.

They also sent a bunch of candy, a book of fiction stories, and a beginners oil painting set. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that last one. They also called me this morning to wish me a Merry Christmas. It makes me sad because I don't feel as though I have been a good son. Christmas is a tough time of the year for me.

11. Dec 25, 2007 #10

Evo

Oh, how sweet!!!

<sniff> Now you're going to make me cry. :frown:

12. Dec 25, 2007 #11
    I love you Evo. Don't be sad. This is a good thing.

And Merry Christmas to you. :smile:

13. Dec 25, 2007 #12

Evo

Merry Christmas to you too!!!

You're the only one that has told me that they love me today. Can I stalk you? :blushing: I always hear about how popular Christmas stalkings are, but I've never tried it.

14. Dec 25, 2007 #13

turbo

Gold Member

My dad just left, loaded with enough food to keep him going for at least a week. In the last couple of days we had brined and roasted a big turkey and cut that up for him, and my wife made him a big batch of turkey soup yesterday while I was stacking wood. Today, we had (brined again) pork rib roast with a nice crust made from flour and spices. We also had New-England style baked beans made from black beans, fresh-baked flaky biscuits, cole slaw, condiments, and pumpkin pie. Mmm! That pork roast is wonderful, and the gravy that I made from the drippings encouraged me to eat "just one more" biscuit. I'm stuffed.

15. Dec 25, 2007 #14
    You are welcome to stalk me any time you like. It might get old after a few months, but I would be flattered if you decided to stalk me for the holidays.

16. Dec 25, 2007 #15

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I got some dvd's and games and clothes, the usual but my fave was I finally got J. B. Hartle's Gravity :biggrin:

Merry physimas!

17. Dec 25, 2007 #16
    That sounds delicious. In comparison, I had a plate of Tyson hot wings and a can of Shasta cola to wash it down with. I'm jealous.

Good thing is, my mom wants me home for Christmas next year. She seems determined that I fly back home next year and even offered to buy the ticket. I don't think saying no is an option. So it looks like next year I'll have a nice home-cooked meal to look forward to.

18. Dec 25, 2007 #17

Evo

That is so nice. I'll bet he is very happy. :smile:

19. Dec 25, 2007 #18
    I got a general astronomy book covering just about every topic I could think of, and what I was really excited about - a 12" Zhumell Dobsonian reflector. I had my eye on it a few months back but didn't expect to ever actually get one.

I also got some DVDs including my favorite movie, The Boondock Saints, and a few other things. The telescope is assembled and collimated and just begging to be used.

Merry Christmas.

20. Dec 25, 2007 #19

wolram

Gold Member

I have a wok with all the tools and a Mexican recipe book, and some jeans.

21. Dec 25, 2007 #20
    We had a really delightful Yule, with one of my young neices playing the role of the "The light bringer" All the lights are turned off, then a knock on the door..and a sweet voice sings...In winters darkest night, glad light is shineing... and she entered in a flowing white gown, with a beautiful candles, and lit the candles on the mantle. Then the Yule log was lit, and mulled wines and glog poured freely.

I got a G.Forman grill from my son, and really nice warm slippers from the animals. Husband gave me a star neckless made of canadian{private mine} diamonds.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?