Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Christmas presents

1. Dec 17, 2004 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I was shopping at amazon.com and found the perfect gift for those "hard to buy for" people. It's the "Phillips HeartStart Home Defribrillator - Because every minute counts" Be prepared for sudden cardiac arrest with the first heart defibrillator available for home use without a prescription. $1,500.00 :bugeye:

I know it's just what I want for Christmas. I wonder if I can train my cat to use it on me if my heart stops?

So, I was wondering what other PF members are wanting to find under their tree Christmas morning? Or share some great gift ideas.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2004 #2
    know what I want to find under my tree? another tree that'd be trippy

4. Dec 17, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

another tree... :biggrin:

Canned spinach is always a fine treat.

Has anyone ever been tempted to replace the Roca with its obvious counterpart and send a can to their boss?

5. Dec 17, 2004 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I know there will be plenty of canned spinach under my tree. :approve:

6. Dec 17, 2004 #5

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i get a week off for christmas! that and some quality time with my kids...

7. Dec 17, 2004 #6
    OOH, OOH I got another one.
    Know what I want to find under my christmas tree? a dreidel

8. Dec 17, 2004 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I used to always want a dreidel! All my Jewish friends had them and it looked fun! You'd think something so trivial could have made a nice stocking stuffer, but not with my parents. My grandparents did have a game similar, except it had English instructions on the sides.

I want Legos! Nobody believes me though, so I know I'm not getting them. I think Legos have been on my Christmas wish list since I was 7 or 8. You'd think after 25 years of asking, someone just might cave in and buy me a set of Legos! :grumpy: I asked for Harry Potter books, and got two as a belated birthday present from my nephew (I've already read them too), and an email from my sister telling me my Christmas wish list was too late, which means I have no idea what I'm getting and it will probably be something I don't need or want.

Oops, gotta get my dinner (ordered take-out since I'm stuck at the lab late tonight).

9. Dec 17, 2004 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tsu and I take great pleasure in torturing my sisters by getting [or at least threatening to get] loud and obnoxious gifts for my nieces and nephews. This years I told my one sister that I got her eight year old son a set of bongos with a built-in, 100 watt amplifier. She got real quiet. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Then I told her what we really got him
    http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1644239/ctid/17/INstock/N/D/

She got real quiet...

10. Dec 17, 2004 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, those look cool! I want those too! :biggrin:

11. Dec 17, 2004 #10
    I asked my girlfriend to get one of those skimpy see-thru misses clause outfits for christmas for me. Although, I don't want to find her under the tree.

12. Dec 17, 2004 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's wrong with finding her under the tree? I know someone who did that once, wrapped herself in just a ribbon and gave her boyfriend a pair of scissors for Christmas.

13. Dec 17, 2004 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Where did the ribbon go?

If it was a guy...

Nevermind.

14. Dec 17, 2004 #13
    Let me get this straight KingNothing. You want a skimpy mrs claus outfit AND you have a girlfriend? What does she say when you wear stuff like that?

15. Dec 17, 2004 #14

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Or you can get a boyfriend.

16. Dec 17, 2004 #15
    and use it on him when his heart stops

17. Dec 17, 2004 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In know of someone. :rolleyes:

18. Dec 17, 2004 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, for a guy, all you need is one of those big stick-on bows. Women have more places that need to be strategically covered, so require ribbon along with the bow. But it hardly matters, so long as the scissors are presented quickly. The downside to a gift like that is EVERYONE knows by the day after Christmas. There isn't a guy in the world who can honor the "A gentleman never tells" rule when that's what he gets as a gift! :biggrin:

19. Dec 17, 2004 #18
    BULL! Women are WAY worse about telling. I'd show up at your house on Christmas morning wearing nothing but a ribbon and before all the presents had been opened everyone on PF would know exactly how long my ribbon was.

20. Dec 17, 2004 #19

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One time Tsu did something like this, getting a skimpy didie and all, and I couldn't think of what to do in return, so I just wore a strategically placed sock.

Talk about keeping one's mouth shut - TSU! To this day I'm known to Tsu's old workmates as socks.

21. Dec 17, 2004 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! But, yeah, if you did that, I would have to tell everyone I saw. I'm sure such a gift would keep me occupied a little while though. "Yep, he showed up wearing a 2 ft long ribbon, and when I removed the ribbon...:rofl:"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?