Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chroloplast and mitochondrial

1. Apr 26, 2005 #1
    I have a homework assignment to tell the differences between the two's genetic codes and their coding schemes also, but truthfully I am now really sick, so tired that I can't think up anything, I am really afraid that I can't pdf and hand in my report on time, would you please shed a light on that for me ?

Thank you.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Are you looking for difference between mitochondiria and chloroplast or between mitochondria/chloroplast and eukaryotes?

I'll get you started. Chlorolast and mitochondria have evolved from bacteria and they form a symbiotic relationship with eukaryotes. The genetic codes is different between bacteria and eukaryotes.
  4. Apr 29, 2005 #3

Gold Member

Mitochondia aren't plastids like chloroplasts. Mitochondira also perform cell respiration while chloroplasts perform photosynthesis.(they are almost the exact opposite)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?