Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chrome problems

1. Apr 4, 2014 #1

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I just installed the latest version of Chrome v 33.0.1750.154m. Several things don't seem to work correctly on PF. It doesn't use the full width of the browser, the badges are jumbled together, the search box at the top covers part of the Notifications line. There are other symptoms.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit on a laptop and have had no similar problems with firefox or IE. Any ideas??

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2014 #2

phyzguy

Science Advisor

I use Chrome all the time on both the Chrome OS and Ubuntu Linux and have no problem. I suspect you are seeing an incompatibility between Windows 7 and the Chrome browser.

4. Apr 4, 2014 #3

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

But I don't have the problem at other sites than PF.

5. Apr 6, 2014 #4
    Try to clear the cache

6. Apr 6, 2014 #5

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Just did that. No difference.

7. Apr 6, 2014 #6

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Just now, after I cleared the cache, increased the size of the fonts (ctrl +) several times and that fixed it.

8. Apr 6, 2014 #7
    Hmmm I'll have to play around with changing font size in chrome

9. Apr 6, 2014 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I had similar issues recently and somehow my "zoom" had been reduced, so I switched it back to 100% and the margins, the small font, all gone.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook