Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chroot: Makefile books

1. Aug 3, 2006 #1
    chroot: i read in another thread that you don't use ides. Maybe you can help me, i'm looking for a makefile book before I start grad school this fall. I normally use vc6 but since i gotta start remembering to use linux, i need to learn to make my own makes.

The book i'm looking for is part of a series of books that look the same(i think the publisher is oreilly, tiger symbol). The series has a white background with a colored region for the title area(i think the makefile one is brown/maroon).
    Any help you can give me finding this book or a better makefil book would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance, neuro

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Aug 3, 2006 #3
    chroot: Yes I think thats the book thank you very much. Have you used it before? Is there a better book to learn from or will this book suffice.
    I will be compiling in linux, the project will involve rendering, N-body, Parallel.

5. Aug 3, 2006 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I dunno. I haven't made any really, really complex Makefiles, so, normally, everything I need can be found by typing `info make` at the command line. :wink:

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?