Chuckee Cheese's Mystery Hand Stamps

In summary: My friends were very embarrassed about losing a child (I wasn't embarrassed because she wasn't mine and I just got handed the baby to watch while they hunted for the stray one...of course I got handed the baby and not the diaper bag that belonged to the baby...fortunately another nearby parent was kind enough to loan a cloth to catch vomit when the baby decided to spit up :rolleyes:)...knowing nobody can leave until your child is found is both reassuring and horribly embarrassing. Needless to say, I've never gone out of my way to invite them and all their children back for a visit since then.
iggybaseball
Every year when I was a young child my aunt would take my siblings and I to Chuckee Cheese. Earlier today I was reminiscing about the great times when I remembered that everyone would receive a small and invisible stamp upon entering the restaurant. Since they did not charge an admission fee, what was the purpose of these stamps? Anyone know? Thanks :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey iggybaseball. I'm a costume character there, but they keep me on Kid Check on week days (icky).

The purpose of the hand stamps is so that everyone who comes together leaves together. It is the motto of the kid check station.

The number is increased for every group that comes in together, and is placed above the hand so it doesn't wash off. The kid check attendant then looks at the numbers under a blacklight (as the stamps are UV Reactive), and calls out the numbers. If they all match, then the family came together (as long as a kid matches with an adult; mismatching adults are alright as sometimes dad comes to his kids party from a later shift) and they are allowed to leave.

However, if a child's number does not match the adult that is trying to take them out of the building, then you could have some serious trouble on your hands (e.g. someone trying to kidnap a small child).

That explains...everything, methinks.

Wasn't it some sort of security thing? They stamp the parents hand with the same number, or some crap like that. . .

EDIT: Egh, beaten.

ever run into someone with the wrong stamp, Diencephalon?

yomamma said:
ever run into someone with the wrong stamp, Diencephalon?

Not yet. I almost hope I will, because then my job would be a little more interesting and I'd probably get a $0.25 raise for being observant. What I've gotten so far is a parent having their kids wash their hands, forgetting to take care that the stamp is on.

So I have to ask the kid "Who is that?" and if the kid, with a giddy expression, says "MOMMY!" or something it's usually alright. However if there's further suspicion, we ask the kid if they know their parents' first names and then I card.

Well that is awesome. I never would have imagined that's what they are used for. I'm glad that someone who works there was able to give me it "straight from the horse's mouth". hehe. Thanks

Diencephalon said:
Hey iggybaseball. I'm a costume character there, but they keep me on Kid Check on week days (icky).

C'mon Diencephalon...which one are you?

DocToxyn said:
C'mon Diencephalon...which one are you?

Sup, DocToxyn

I'm Chuck E. Cheese

What does the 'E' stand for?

dduardo said:
What does the 'E' stand for?

This is a phenomenon that has boggled scientists for years. In fact, most people don't know, but Richard Feynman's life long dream was to figure out what the "E" in Chuck E Cheese stood for.

Theories include:

Extra, Englebert, Edmonton, Extortion...

Or we could go with the logical route that Chuck E. Cheese is simply a play on the name "Chuckie Cheese", written to appear more sophisticated (Remember, Chuck E. wore a suit/tux back in the day). :rofl:

I'm nutty

for some reason, I'm getting a different image...

chucke.jpg

That's a good system. Much better than the Children's Museum I visited with friends...when they lost a child (they have too many to keep track and one took off from a play area where it was next to impossible to spot them even though we sat right by the door and she shouldn't have been able to get past...the real moral of the story is never have more children than there are parents to watch them), the moment they reported she was lost, the museum locked down all the entrances so nobody could leave until she was found! My friends were very embarrassed about losing a child (I wasn't embarrassed because she wasn't mine and I just got handed the baby to watch while they hunted for the stray one...of course I got handed the baby and not the diaper bag that belonged to the baby...fortunately another nearby parent was kind enough to loan a cloth to catch vomit when the baby decided to spit up :rolleyes:)...knowing nobody can leave until your child is found is both reassuring and horribly embarrassing. Needless to say, I've never gone out of my way to invite them and all their children back for a visit since then.

Moonbear said:
That's a good system. Much better than the Children's Museum I visited with friends...when they lost a child (they have too many to keep track and one took off from a play area where it was next to impossible to spot them even though we sat right by the door and she shouldn't have been able to get past...the real moral of the story is never have more children than there are parents to watch them), the moment they reported she was lost, the museum locked down all the entrances so nobody could leave until she was found! My friends were very embarrassed about losing a child (I wasn't embarrassed because she wasn't mine and I just got handed the baby to watch while they hunted for the stray one...of course I got handed the baby and not the diaper bag that belonged to the baby...fortunately another nearby parent was kind enough to loan a cloth to catch vomit when the baby decided to spit up :rolleyes:)...knowing nobody can leave until your child is found is both reassuring and horribly embarrassing. Needless to say, I've never gone out of my way to invite them and all their children back for a visit since then.
Being a parent comes with responsibilities. I realized quite early that my oldest daughter was an adventuresome child. I bought a harness for her and kept her on a leash when we went anywhere. At home, I tied a 20' dog lead to a tree in the front yard and she was tethered to the lead. It was the only way to keep her from running into the street and/or disappearing in the blink of an eye. She travels to the beat of a different drum. By the time she was two, I was still unable to make eye contact with her, but her art was blowing people away. One woman in a youth group approached me and said, until I saw my son with your daughter just now, I thought he was normal, now I realize he's a vegetable compared to her. :redface: Incredibly artistic, her teachers told me that "art is her life". Her dad took away all her pens, crayons, pencils, etc... at 18 months old, so she took a piece of charcoal out of the barbecue in the back and re-drew her lifesize murals throughout the house after I had finished repainting. She would draw and illustrate beautiful menus before we went to a restaurant (based on her animal characters). She would give a copy to the waitress.

Note: Very sad, she had a harddrive crash and all of her electronic artwork has been lost. I'm devastated. :frown: :cry: I am going to see if I can find "pigs with hair", an 12-18 month old work. She had a work around 12-18 months old, it is a stick figure, jumping for joy, his arms raised to the sky, his knees bent upward in a jubilant jump. all along the bottom of the picture are sacks of money. He has dollar signs in his eyes. I asked her to "tell me about the picture" (as I always did), her answer was "he's jumping for joy because he is rich". 12 months old...not bad. :bugeye:

Evo said:
Note: Very sad, she had a harddrive crash and all of her electronic artwork has been lost. I'm devastated. :frown: :cry: I am going to see if I can find "pigs with hair", an 12-18 month old work. She had a work around 12-18 months old, it is a stick figure, jumping for joy, his arms raised to the sky, his knees bent upward in a jubilant jump. all along the bottom of the picture are sacks of money. He has dollar signs in his eyes. I asked her to "tell me about the picture" (as I always did), her answer was "he's jumping for joy because he is rich". 12 months old...not bad. :bugeye:
If the HD disks are OK, i.e. heads did not physically touch the disk surfaces, one could have the HD rebuilt. It's a bit extreme, but in this case may worth it.

Filescavenger is a good utility to recover files with the File Allocation Table is lost. I recovered more than 95% of about 1.2 of GB files that all of a sudden disappeared.

If she hasn't trashed the HD yet, it maybe salvagable.

Astronuc said:
If the HD disks are OK, i.e. heads did not physically touch the disk surfaces, one could have the HD rebuilt. It's a bit extreme, but in this case may worth it.

Filescavenger is a good utility to recover files with the File Allocation Table is lost. I recovered more than 95% of about 1.2 of GB files that all of a sudden disappeared.

If she hasn't trashed the HD yet, it maybe salvagable.

Indeed. Precious moments like that present a pretty good opportunity to salvage the HDD.

I'm planning to try to salvage it. She doesn't even feel like drawing anymore. :cry:

If you want to try and recover data from a corrupted drive I would try Knoppix.

http://www.knoppix.org/

It is a bootable linux cd that can read fat32 and ntfs partitions. All you have to do is burn the image onto the cd, reboot the machine and enter the bios to set the boot sequence to boot from the cdrom first, and finally save the settings and reboot.

The hard drives should appear on the desktop. You can then upload the files anywhere you want (web, usb thumb drive, ftp, etc.)

I've used this a few times to recover data from a bad drive so I know it works.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I was devastated when I heard about the crash.

1. What are Chuckee Cheese's Mystery Hand Stamps?

Chuckee Cheese's Mystery Hand Stamps are small stamps that are given out to children at Chuckee Cheese's locations. They are usually in the shape of a hand and have a secret symbol on them.

2. How do I get a Mystery Hand Stamp at Chuckee Cheese's?

Mystery Hand Stamps are given out by employees at Chuckee Cheese's. You can receive one by participating in certain activities or games, or by asking an employee for one.

3. What is the purpose of the Mystery Hand Stamps at Chuckee Cheese's?

The purpose of the Mystery Hand Stamps is to add an element of surprise and fun to the experience at Chuckee Cheese's. Children can collect different stamps and try to figure out the secret symbol on each one.

4. Are there any prizes or rewards associated with the Mystery Hand Stamps at Chuckee Cheese's?

While there are no specific prizes or rewards associated with the Mystery Hand Stamps, some Chuckee Cheese's locations may offer incentives or special discounts for collecting a certain number of stamps.

5. Can I keep the Mystery Hand Stamps from Chuckee Cheese's?

Yes, you are allowed to keep the Mystery Hand Stamps from Chuckee Cheese's. They are meant to be a collectible item for children to enjoy. However, please be mindful not to take more than one stamp per visit, as they are limited and should be shared with other children.