What Happened to the Ducks in Viña del Mar?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, a couple from Viña del Mar experienced a terrifying encounter with a strange animal, believed to be the Chupacabras, in their backyard. One of their ducks was injured with a perfect perforation in its spine and the remaining three went missing. The incident is similar to other reported cases and some believe it could be linked to government activities involving tracking of radioactive isotopes.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"A couple from Viña del Mar went through a horrifying experience after becoming aware that a strange animal, allegedly the Chupacabras, had entered into their back yard where it attacked the family’s ducks. One of the ducks suffered a perfect perforation in its spine; the remaining three animals disappeared."

http://www.paranormalnews.com/article.asp?ArticleID=676

Note: I have no knowledge of nor an opinion on this subject.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't this just a rundown of an X-Files episode?

Originally posted by Tom
Isn't this just a rundown of an X-Files episode?

Typically the X-Files stories follow from myths; not the other way around. But I surely don't know if this is true in all cases.

It reminds me of cattle mutilations.

If three of the ducks were missing, then we couldn't rule out an animal only doing what Mother Nature intended for it to do.

Go to the FBI X-Files on the first page of the UFO napster and check out the cattle mutilition reports. This stuff has been going on constantly since the early seventies. I have heard some suggestions for some kind of insect that could produce seemingly clean straight cuts, but I was not really impressed with the argument. Show me the bugs!

A British journalist may have hit the mark on this. He argues that not only are cattle mutilations real, and not a hoax, and not due to predation, but that the famed black, unmarked helicopters also exist. It seems that these events center around areas associated with nuclear testing. He thinks the government is tracking radioactive isotopes in the environment through the glands of cattle. He argues that the body parts taken are ideal for such purposes. So as not to alarm the public, and in order to keep these activities secret, as so often is the case, the cold warriors do as they wish; in secret, and at the expense of others.

I don't know if this explanations covers things or not, but I could easily believe it. In many ways at least it seems to make sense.

Last edited:
But...

...that doesn't explain that Brasilian man who was mutilated. I haven't found a link for it, but I saw the photos of his body on TV.
FYI: I saw a show called "In Search Of" hosted by Mitch Pileggi on SciFi Channel's Tuesday Declassified (July 29 2003) that showed these photos.
Sure, you haven't seen the evidence yet, so I might as well be making it up, but the photos (if you manage to find them on the net or catch a repeat on TV) are shocking.

Last edited:
The chupacabra story says:

"Curiously enough this episode
is similar to several other
similar ones..."

I don't find that curious at all.
I would find it curious if it
were similar to dissimilar epi-
sodes, though.

Sometimes these repetitive redund-
ancies have a way of restating
things twice.

-Zoob

1. Who or what is the Chupacabras in "Chupacabras Gets a Beating"?

The Chupacabras is a legendary creature in Latin American folklore that is said to attack and drink the blood of livestock, especially goats.

2. Is "Chupacabras Gets a Beating" based on a true story?

No, "Chupacabras Gets a Beating" is a fictional story and not based on any real events.

3. What is the purpose of "Chupacabras Gets a Beating" in scientific research?

As a scientist, I cannot speak for the author's intentions, but this story could serve as a cautionary tale about the dangers of blindly believing in myths and legends without evidence or scientific reasoning.

4. Is there any evidence to suggest that the Chupacabras actually exists?

There is no scientific evidence to support the existence of the Chupacabras. Many sightings and reports of the creature can often be explained by natural or known animal behavior.

5. How does "Chupacabras Gets a Beating" relate to other scientific studies or research?

This story does not have a direct relation to other scientific studies or research, but it highlights the importance of critical thinking and evidence-based reasoning in the scientific community.