1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cicuit analysis

1. Sep 17, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    OK well I have this as a small piece of assessment and Im realy bad at electrical engineering civil is my major heh.

1. Find the voltages at A and B (with respect to reference node G) using mesh analysis,
    2. Replace subcircuits G-A, A-B, and B-G by their Thevenin equivalents. Hence
    find the voltages at A and B (with respect to G), the power dissipated in each
    resistor in the original circuit, and the power supplied by each source.
    Hint: the power supplied by the current source is about -1.8 watts.
    3. Find the voltages at A and B (with respect to G) by using the superposition of
    the effects of the three sources.

2. Relevant equations
    KVL, KCL, Mesh analysis, nodal analysis, superposition, thevenin equivelants

3. The attempt at a solution

part 1 - I figured that I have to use mesh analysis to find I1, I2 and I3 and then apply the brach currents in R2 and R4 I used mesh analysis and got values for i1/i2 and i3 but dont realy know exactly what to do from there
    part 2/3 - Im totally lost

I realise this is a pretty poor start but electrical engineering is not something ive ever dealt with Any help/guidance is much appreciated if someone wated to give me some realy specific advice my email is ryujio85@tpg.com.au and my msn is ryanmarshall_85@hotmail.com Id reimburse you for your time if you helped me out at a normal tutor rate.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?