CIPA - a fantastic Zero Point Energy website

In summary: I don't know what happened after that, but it seems that CIPA has continued to function without any government funding.Thanks to a message from Chronos, I did a little digging recarding CIPA.
turbo
Gold Member
While web-searching for possible breaks between the equivalence of gravitational mss and inertial mass, I bumped into the CIPA web site. Pretty cutting-edge stuff relating to Zero Point Energy and how mass and inertia may arise from interaction with the vacuum field.

http://www.calphysics.org/mass.html

Interestingly, much of their work seems designed to explore possible asymmetries in the ZPE that could be used for propulsion. There are LOTS of papers and articles available there, including many non-technical ones.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Thanks for posting that turbo
In the section of Zero Point Energy he speaks about a thought experiment of Robert Forward that demonstrates how extract energy from the vacuum. He calls it the "Forward process". Do you know what this experiment is about?

meteor said:
Thanks for posting that turbo
In the section of Zero Point Energy he speaks about a thought experiment of Robert Forward that demonstrates how extract energy from the vacuum. He calls it the "Forward process". Do you know what this experiment is about?
The Forward paper is linked - just go back to that page and click the link or whack this one:

http://www.calphysics.org/articles/Forward1984.pdf

The mechanism by which Forward proposes to extract ZPE appears to be uneconomical, and ZPE extraction devices based on the Casimir "plate device" must be one-shot deals and so are not practical. Still, if these folks can find or devise some sort of "dialectric" diode-like membrane or field that will separate the virtual particles defining ZPE, space-travel would become a lot more practical.

Last edited:
The Forward paper is linked...

Interesting paper. i didn't know that Lifschitz had expanded Casimir's discovery about the force between two conductors to the case where the plates are dielectrics
Anyway, if is just so simple to extract energy with the "Vacuum fluctuation battery" that Forward proposes, why just he don't construct one, and marvel us with energy for free?

meteor said:
Interesting paper. i didn't know that Lifschitz had expanded Casimir's discovery about the force between two conductors to the case where the plates are dielectrics
Anyway, if is just so simple to extract energy with the "Vacuum fluctuation battery" that Forward proposes, why just he don't construct one, and marvel us with energy for free?
As I said previously, I expect that battery would uneconomical - more energy would be required to charge the plates and provide positional feedback than could be extracted. Somebody at NASA must be convinced that it is possible to exploit asymmetries in zero point energy - they are the ones funding CIPA.

Thanks to a message from Chronos, I did a little digging recarding CIPA. As some of you might remember, in a post quite a while back, I complained that NASA's Breakthrough Propulsion Physics program was only funded through 2002. CIPA was part of the BPP program, which NASA stopped funding as of Jan. 2003.

Last edited:

1. What is CIPA?

CIPA stands for "Commercially Independent and Protected Area" and is a website that focuses on zero point energy technology.

2. What is zero point energy?

Zero point energy is the lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system may possess. It is the energy that remains in a system even at absolute zero temperature.

3. What can I find on the CIPA website?

The CIPA website provides information and resources on zero point energy technology, including articles, videos, and products related to this field.

4. Is zero point energy a proven technology?

While there is ongoing research and development in the field of zero point energy, it is not currently considered a proven technology. However, there is potential for it to be a sustainable and efficient source of energy in the future.

5. How can I get involved with CIPA and zero point energy?

You can get involved with CIPA and zero point energy by visiting the website, reading the articles and resources provided, and joining the discussion on the forum. You can also support research and development efforts in this field by donating or investing in related projects.