1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circuit Design

1. Jan 9, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need to design a series-tuned LC circuit with a resonant frequency of 2 kHz and and a 2 mH inductor. I need to know what size capacitor I would need?

2. Relevant equations

2 kHz * 1000 = 2000 Hertz
    2 mH / 1000 = 0.002 Henry

3. The attempt at a solution
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2008 #2

what's the equation for the resonant frequency of an LC circuit?
    you take it from there.
  4. Jan 11, 2008 #3

w=2.pi.f = 1/ (L.C)^(1/2)....f=resonance frequency
  5. Jan 15, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to the PF forums!!! I hope you will find our threads useful and informative.

It's great that you know information on a homework problem. However the format in homework discussions is to encourage the OP (original person asking for help), and allow them to research and do as much of their own work as possible, then you can guide them (as a teacher would) in a successful direction. mda is trying to assist the OP by asking a question. You're answering that question does not help Lhawx learn what to do.

When you have a homework question, that 's the time you can state the information you know about the problem.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?