Circuit Diagrams: Software to Draw White Background Diagrams

In summary, there are several software options available for drawing circuit diagrams with a white background, including TINA SPICE, Multisim, AutoCAD, and Microsoft VISIO. However, some users may prefer a program like DIPTrace that allows for easy copying and pasting of schematics into other documents.
Edwardo_Elric
does anyone know a software on how to draw circuit diagrams with white background?

i have an LTspice software but i do not know how to convert it into a JPG pic file... what i do is print screen,go to paint and send it to photobucket which is more of a hassle

thx
(if this has been posted before kindly provide link)

Engineering news on Phys.org
- TINA SPICE
- Multisim
- AutoCAD
- Microsoft VISIO (lots of engineers use this...)

Edwardo_Elric said:
does anyone know a software on how to draw circuit diagrams with white background?

i have an LTspice software but i do not know how to convert it into a JPG pic file... what i do is print screen,go to paint and send it to photobucket which is more of a hassle

thx
(if this has been posted before kindly provide link)

Many modern schematic editors let you just Select All, Copy. That puts a form of the schematic onto the windows clipboard, which you can then Paste into other software packages like Word and Visio and Paint. Does that work in your software package? This type of cut/paste from schematics into Word docs is used a lot for documentation.

I'm growing reasonably fond of a program called DIPTrace. You can download it for free from http://www.diptrace.com/" .

It offers the ability to enter and print schematics by pick and place, with a pretty good component library, then convert the schematic to a PCB layout. The free version let's you go up to about 250 total pins, I think, which is a reasonably complicated board.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a circuit diagram?

A circuit diagram is a graphical representation of an electrical circuit, which shows the connections between various components using standardized symbols and lines. It is used to visualize and understand the functioning of a circuit.

2. Why do we use circuit diagrams?

Circuit diagrams are used to design, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical circuits. They provide a clear and concise overview of the circuit's components and connections, making it easier to identify and diagnose any issues that may arise.

3. What software can be used to draw white background circuit diagrams?

Some commonly used software for drawing white background circuit diagrams include AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, and CircuitMaker. There are also many free online tools and apps available for creating circuit diagrams.

4. Are there any benefits to using software for circuit diagrams?

Yes, using software for circuit diagrams offers several advantages. It allows for faster and more accurate diagram creation, the ability to make changes and revisions easily, and the option to save and share diagrams digitally.

5. Can I learn to draw circuit diagrams using software without any prior experience?

Yes, most circuit diagram software come with user-friendly interfaces and tutorials, making it easy for beginners to learn and create diagrams. With practice and familiarity, you can become proficient in drawing accurate and detailed circuit diagrams.