Circuit for Hall effect sensor

1. Hello
    I recently bought a linear Hall effect sensor for measuring current, but I don't know how to make the circuit to measure the current, could anybody help me with this? Please tell me the circuit.
    By the way, I use the linear Hall effect sensor CSLA2EL by Honeywell.
    Thank you very much!

2. jcsd
  3. Chegg
    Wow, that's not easy...the first google link I got was labeled "datasheet" but I couldn't find any electrical connection information on it.

But I found a bunch of other datasheets here:
    http://www.datasheets.org.uk/CSLA2EL-datasheet.html
    and one has a pinout buried deeply in the noise. Now I forget which link I clicked and followed and interpreted, but you should be able to find it too...

It looks like they take a power supply of 8-16v and put out a voltage that is proportional to the current in the loop.

4. I think this is the datasheet for the Hall effect sensor in the unit. The calibration is in terms of the Gauss field in the toroid gap.

http://sccatalog.honeywell.com/pdbdownload/images/91ss12-2.pdf

See attached pdf for some info on electrical characteristics of current sensor Hall effect holder toroid.

[added] The performance specs for the Hall effect sensor are for operating with a 12 volt dc input. I suggest using a 7812 3-pin regulator. The Hall effect sensor output is an ac output for an ac current input. The null output offset voltage for zero current input is 6 volts ± 0.6 volts. The output appears to be an npn transistor current-sourcing emitter.

Bob S

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  5. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

This is almost a necropost spam post, but the link is actually pretty useful and on-topic for this old thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?