Help Needed: My Circuit's Gain Falls Short

In summary, the speaker has designed a circuit with a target gain of 60dB, but when tested, the gain only reached 30dB. Even with the use of an electrode, the gain was still lower than the target at 25dB. The speaker is seeking reasons for this issue and also wants to know the potential outcome if they continue with this circuit. They are open to suggestions and would appreciate help in troubleshooting the circuit. They also mention the need for the circuit schematic and other details such as frequency of operation and source and load impedances for better understanding and assistance.
adira08
I have a circuit which i designed to have gain around 60dB
unfortunately when I tried it out the circuit's gain falls short around 30 dB.
and also when i tried it out with electrode, the circuit's gain got lower than 25 dB.
My problem is what are the reasons that cause this problem
and if I continue with this circuit, what would happen to the outcome result?

I am new to circuit making and any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You would really have to show the circuit of your amplifier and also give your calculations for the gain.

Even then, it may be difficult to work out why your amplifier is not performing too well.
So, you need to help us as much as you can.

By 60dB, do you mean a voltage gain of 1000?
You must post the circuit schematic for anyone to help you and say the frequency of operation and the source and load impedances.

1. What is gain in a circuit?

Gain in a circuit refers to the ratio of output voltage or current to the input voltage or current. It is a measure of how much the signal is amplified or attenuated by the circuit.

2. Why is my circuit's gain falling short?

There could be several reasons for a circuit's gain to fall short, such as incorrect component values, faulty components, or inappropriate circuit design. It is important to troubleshoot and identify the cause in order to fix the issue.

3. How can I calculate the gain of my circuit?

The gain of a circuit can be calculated by dividing the output voltage or current by the input voltage or current. It can also be calculated using the circuit's transfer function, which is the ratio of output and input signals in the frequency domain.

4. Can I increase the gain of my circuit?

Yes, the gain of a circuit can be increased by adjusting the component values or by using an amplifier or other active components. However, it is important to ensure that the circuit remains stable and does not introduce any unwanted noise or distortion.

5. Is there a maximum gain that a circuit can have?

Yes, there is a limit to the gain that a circuit can have, which is determined by the components used and the circuit design. Going beyond this maximum gain can lead to instability and distortion in the output signal.