Why is my circuit nodal analysis not giving the correct I_sc value?

In summary, the student is having trouble solving for I_sc when replacing the load with a wire. They have used a super node and defined currents with directional arrows, but have been unable to get the correct answer of I_sc = 8mA. They have also tried solving with KCL and plugging the values into Wolfram Alpha.
theBEAST

Homework Statement

Capture.png

The Attempt at a Solution

Essentially I am having trouble with solving for I_sc when I remove the load and replace it with a wire.

I used a super node at 1 and 4 and also in my diagram I have defined the currents with directional arrows. I have been on this question for a long time and cannot get the correct answer which is I_sc = 8mA. I know it is wrong because I plugged it into wolfram alpha and ended up with the results as seen below.

From KCL:
photo_18.jpg

Where V1=a, V2=b, V3=c, I_sc=x and solving it gets:
idtsO.png

Physics news on Phys.org
V2 = 0, because node 2 is shorted to ground.

What is circuit nodal analysis?

Circuit nodal analysis is a method used in electrical engineering to analyze and solve complex circuits. It involves identifying and analyzing the nodes, or connection points, in a circuit and using Kirchoff's Current Law to determine the currents flowing through each node.

Why is circuit nodal analysis important?

Circuit nodal analysis is important because it allows engineers to understand the behavior and performance of a circuit. It can help identify potential issues or optimize a circuit for a specific application.

What are the steps involved in circuit nodal analysis?

The steps involved in circuit nodal analysis are:1. Identify and label all the nodes in the circuit.2. Apply Kirchoff's Current Law to each node to create a set of equations.3. Solve the equations simultaneously to determine the currents at each node.4. Use these currents to calculate voltages and other circuit parameters.

What are some common applications of circuit nodal analysis?

Circuit nodal analysis is commonly used in designing and analyzing electrical circuits in various applications, including power systems, telecommunications, signal processing, and electronic devices.

What are the assumptions made in circuit nodal analysis?

The main assumptions made in circuit nodal analysis are:1. The circuit is in steady-state.2. The circuit is linear and contains only linear elements.3. All components are ideal, with no resistance, capacitance, or inductance.4. The voltage at each node is known or can be easily determined.