Circuit Nodal voltage question out thanks

In summary, The question asks for the node voltage equations for nodes V1 and V2 in a circuit. The equations are obtained using Kirchoff's Current Law (KCL) and involve the resistors and voltages connected to each node. For node 1, the equation is (v1- 30)/10 + (v1-v2)/8 + v1/6=0, and for node 2 it is (v2- v1)/8 + (v2+20)/4 + v2/2 =0. The first equation is correct, but the second equation is missing a 2 Ohm resistor. KCL stands for Kirchoff's Current Law.
engineer_dave
Circuit Nodal voltage question...please help out thanks!

Homework Statement

The question is as follows:

Start with KCL for the nodes and write the node voltage equations for the nodes V1 and v2 in the circuit (diagram is attached to this post). They do not want me to solve the equations but just simplify to gather the coefficents.

Homework Equations

KCL

The Attempt at a Solution

I marked node one where v1 is. So for node 1 it would be (v1- 30)/10 + (v1-v2)/8 + v1/6=0

I marked node 2 where v2 is. So for node 2 it would be (v2- v1)/8 + (v2+20)/4=0

Still, I am not that sure about my node 2 equations although my node 1 may be correct. Please help! THanks!

Attachments

• Electrical 2.JPG
    Electrical 2.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 405
Physics news on Phys.org
What does KCL mean ?
node 2 is wrong, you forgot 2 Ohms resistor.

Can u please elaborate and write down the node 2 equation. Thanks

what would be the thing for the 2 ohm resistor then?

(v2- v1)/8 + (v2+20)/4 + v2/2 =0

you didnt answer me:
What does KCL mean ?

Kirchoffs law I suppose

1. What is Circuit Nodal voltage?

Circuit Nodal voltage refers to the voltage at a specific node or connection point in a circuit. It is measured in volts and is used to determine the flow of current through a circuit.

2. How is Circuit Nodal voltage calculated?

Circuit Nodal voltage is calculated using Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL), which states that the sum of currents flowing into a node must equal the sum of currents flowing out of the node. This calculation involves setting up equations and solving for the unknown voltages at each node.

3. Why is Circuit Nodal voltage important?

Circuit Nodal voltage is important for analyzing and designing electrical circuits. It helps determine the voltage levels at different points in the circuit, which can affect the performance and safety of electronic devices.

4. What are some common applications of Circuit Nodal voltage?

Circuit Nodal voltage is commonly used in the design and analysis of electronic circuits, such as in power supplies, amplifiers, and digital circuits. It is also used in troubleshooting and diagnosing circuit issues.

5. Are there any limitations to using Circuit Nodal voltage?

While Circuit Nodal voltage is a useful tool for analyzing circuits, it does have some limitations. It assumes ideal conditions and may not accurately represent the behavior of real-world circuits with non-ideal components. In addition, it can become more complex and time-consuming to calculate in larger and more complex circuits.