Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circuit Schematic

1. Oct 24, 2007 #1
    I've currently got an assignment for a basic physics class. The job to be done is that I need to create a simple circuit that holds some use in society. It doesn't need to be too complicated but I've been stuck on finding a decent website that I could get a circuit schematic/build instructions from.

Some examples of the simplicity of the design needed would be:

- Amplifier
    - A simple hand eye coordinated game (Move a metal pole through a long wire without it touching otherwise an alarm is set off)

These are just 2 examples of what other people are doing.

If anyone can find a website that shows how to make these simple circuits, including items needed and instructions on making I will be incredibly grateful.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2007 #2
    Well, I cannot think of a website off of the top of my head (besides good ol' wikipedia), but I have an idea for the project. You could hook up numerous batteries of rising voltage in parallel with a lightbulb, and a metal piece that slides inbetween wires that connect the batteries to the light, so when it slides past, it connects a stronger battery to the light. Then, at the bottom of the metal piece put a spring for force resistance.

What this will do is the further the metal piece slides into the batteries, the brighter the light gets. Basically a scale or force meter.
  4. Oct 24, 2007 #3

Gold Member

You can find tons of circuit schematics here:

If you have a specific question about a particular schematic or some general theory, post back in the electrical engineering forum.
    You have posted what others are doing, but what are some of your thoughts?
  5. Oct 24, 2007 #4
    this will be a nice design for your project with this design you will kill them all
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?