Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circuit simulation in Linux

1. Nov 15, 2008 #1
    Hi

Does someone have successful experience working with GNU/open source circuit simulation tools in Linux? I tried gEDA, but it did not work well for me.

If you've been successful in using such software, please write back with detailed experiences here. I use Microcap for my undergraduate circuits laboratory, and thats the only reason why I have to stick to Windows (I am a die hard Linux user otherwise). I was hoping to be able to use some equivalent of Microcap in Linux...

(Worst case: I'll use WINE :tongue2:)

TIA.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2008 #2

madmike159

Gold Member

That would be a good idea, my friend had one of those really small acer laptops which came with linux on it. It also had a free circuit simulator on it. I'll ask him what its called and get back to you.

4. Nov 18, 2008 #3

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Fedora repos had gnucap, gspice & ngspice , irsim, Ktechlab, qucs --- which is pretty much what know of them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?