Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circuit to state space model

Tags:
  1. Nov 28, 2014 #1
    I have this circuit and I must represent it in state space. I know the process because I have done similar ones but having trouble with this one. I have found the Kirchhoff equtations for the 2 loops and for the upper juction, whatever I do after I cant end up to two equations x'1 and x'2.

• First loop: V(t)=V(R1)+V(c1)+V(R2)
    • Second loop: V(R3)+V(c2)=V(R2)+V(c1)
    • Junction: i(t)=i(R3)+i(c1) or i(t)=i(c2)+i(R2) => i(c1)=i(R3)+i(t) and i(c2)=i(R2)+i(t)
    I know that V(C1)=x1 ,and V(c2)=x2 and i(c1)=c1*x'1 , i(c2)=c2*x'2

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/uploaded_files/21768/circuit.bmp

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Is this question for schoolwork? If so, I can move it to the schoolwork forums for you.

4. Nov 30, 2014 #3

donpacino

Gold Member

can you post a circuit schematic....

You need to get your equations in terms of known values, such as inputs and component values.
    example. if you want to find the voltage across a resistor 2, instead of saying V(source)-V(resistor_1)-V(resistor_2)=zero, say V_out=V_in*R_1/(R_1+R_2)

does that make sense?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook