Help with Algebra: Circuits & Equations

In summary, the conversation is about a person needing help with algebra and asking for assistance with a Microsoft Word document. The conversation also includes discussing a specific algebra problem and the person providing feedback and asking for more information.
jKotha
Please look at the attached Microsoft word document because I don't know how to write out everything in this template. I need help with algebra, thanks!

Attachments

• physics help.doc
    24 KB · Views: 186
Physics news on Phys.org
What is the What?

What is the question you are trying to answer?
(The zeroth step in answering a question.)

:cool:

~A137

When you were trying to multply through in the common denominator step,
-132E-33I3(330R) - 20I3(200R) -20E = I3
660R
it looks like you are multplying twice? :confused: I don't understand what you are doing there. Also, your denominator isn't correct, what does R*R give you? Be very careful with your signs.

It would help to see the entire problem, especially since I didn't get the same answer as your instructor. Maybe you haven't set up the equation properly?

Last edited:

1. What are circuits and equations in algebra?

Circuits and equations are concepts used in algebra to represent and solve problems involving electrical systems. Circuits refer to the flow of electricity through a closed loop, while equations are mathematical expressions that describe the relationships between different components in a circuit.

2. How are circuits and equations used in real-life situations?

Circuits and equations are used in a variety of real-life situations, such as designing and analyzing electrical systems, troubleshooting issues with electronic devices, and understanding the behavior of current and voltage in circuits. They are also used in fields like engineering, physics, and computer science.

3. What are the basic components of a circuit?

The basic components of a circuit include a power source, such as a battery or plug, wires to connect the components, and one or more resistors, capacitors, or other electronic components. These components are connected in a specific way to create a closed loop for the flow of electricity.

4. How do you solve equations in algebraic circuits?

To solve equations in algebraic circuits, you must first identify the variables and constants in the equation, then use algebraic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to isolate the variable on one side of the equation. By manipulating the equation in this way, you can solve for the unknown variable and determine its value.

5. What are some tips for solving algebraic circuits?

Some tips for solving algebraic circuits include understanding the basic principles of electricity and circuit components, practicing with different types of circuits and equations, and using strategies like substitution and elimination to simplify complex equations. It is also helpful to check your answers and solve the circuit in multiple ways to ensure accuracy.