Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circuits and matrices

1. Apr 21, 2007 #1
    HI, I'm doing a project on applications of linear algebra to circuits. So far I've found how to use matrices to find loop currents and nodal voltages. I'm having a hard time finding more applications, as I have little knowledge of circuits and I haven't taken differential equations yet. Are there any other basic applications that I can apply matrix mathematics to? Any help is appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2007 #2
    Loop up Z, Y, ABCD, S, and hybrid networks. All are modeled using matrices. The neatest part is you can multiply or add matrices by combining different circuit subsections.

4. Apr 22, 2007 #3
    Thanks for the reply. I looked up your suggested topic and it should give me plenty to discuss in my paper. It actually help to explain one of the problems in my text. I really appreciate the help, thank you :smile:

5. Apr 23, 2007 #4

SGT

Since you have not taken differential equations this will be of no help, but a nth order scalar differential equation can be rewritten as a first order matrix differential equation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?