1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circuits Help!

1. Sep 9, 2008 #1
    Ok So how do i find the current going through here. I understand the whole tope a node, and bottom is. How would i set it up using KCL. I struggle with the problems were current is just given no voltage. Can someone please help

If its hard to see picture the 6A is to far left then going to the right its 2olhms and i/4 and 8olhms.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2008 #2
    First of all the circuit you posted is a pile of **** and you dont deserve help, but ill try anyway:smile:.If you sum all the currents LEAVING the top node you get:-6+i+(i/4)+i^8=0..i labled i^8 as the current leaving the top node entering the 8ohm resistor.Using ohms law i=v/r, the kcl sum is then -6+(v/2)+(2v)+(v/8)=0 solving for v, v=16/7 now we can find i using i=(v/2)=(16/7)/(2)=8/7 ohms, so the dependant current source is i/4 would be (8/7)/(4)=2/7 amps
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. Sep 9, 2008 #3

Homework Helper

I really can't make out what you're supposed to find. i/4 is clearly a current dependent current source, but which branch has i current flowing? The second one?
  5. Sep 10, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hi th3plan! :smile:

I also can't understand the diagram.

Where is the battery?

What is that square thing?

What is i? :confused:

Can you type out the question for us? :smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?