1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circuits with Resistors

1. Oct 7, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    https://s10.postimg.org/lb6n94ua1/20161007_190700.jpg

2. Relevant equations
    V=IR

3. The attempt at a solution
    So far I haven't had any problems finding the Req. However, I am having trouble with the VIR chart. Can anyone confirm whether or not I did it correctly. My thought process was that I would work backwards from the Req knowing whatever is in series will have the same current and parallels have same voltage. I tried applying the Loop Law as well knowing those 2 properties.

For example, I know that R2345 is has a certain R but also has the same current as R1. Knowing this I I found the voltage for R2345 and divided by 2 to find the voltage for R234 and R5.

You don't have to post your own solutions, although they would help me figure out whats wrong, but I just need to know if I am on the right path using the following thought process.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2016 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Hi megaboy123, Welcome to Physics Forums!

It's not clear what the problem is. Can you provide a problem statement that describes what you are given and what is to be done or calculated? Set the scene for us? For example, is the VIR chart something provided as part of the problem, or something you filled out from another step that we don't see? Remember, none of us here are in your class or have seen your labs or assignments.

4. Oct 8, 2016 #3

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

We seem to be missing a problem statement here. Please edit this and indicate what the problem is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted