1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circular Motion of plane

1. Feb 22, 2005 #1
    "A fighter pilot dives his plane toward the ground at 320 m/s. He pulls out of the dive on a vertical circle. What is the minimum radius of the circle, so that the normal force on the pilot by his seat never exceeds 7G's?"

Im stuck... ive tried different things with equations like 'friction=(mass X volume^2)/radius but im not getting much of anywhere :mad:
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2005 #2
  4. Feb 23, 2005 #3
    hrmm u just use the 7 as the friction coefficient? :confused: I didn't realize that, heh, i feel stupid now.

Ok.. yea.. i guess "g's" would be friction heh, k guess i was asleep :tongue2:

thanks tho
  5. Feb 23, 2005 #4
    "g" is not friction. Think about it like this...when you're in a car and you're accelerating, you feel a force pushing back on you. That force is the G-force. One G is equal to your weight (mg). So, 7 g is 7mg.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?