1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circular motion question

1. Sep 14, 2007 #1
    Hi. I would like to know if someone could help me out in this pre-lab homework.

Is only about theoretical x vs y graphics corelating frequency with radius, mass and centripetal force.

I have thhis equation, Im not sure if there are others that should be used, tough.

For the graphic f vs Cf Do I take in count radius and mass constant? Or do I just need antoher equation? Could you give it please?

For the graphic f vs r Do I take in count centripetal force and mass constant? Or is it with other equation?

For the f vs m graphic. Do I take in count radius and centripetal constant?

Thank you a lot.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2007 #2

Gold Member

Welcome to the forum. A useful technique is to replace the variable in the equation by x and y. So the Cf vs f graph is x=A.m.r.y^2 ( A=4.pi^2) and the f vs Cf is y=A.m.r.x^2,
    and so on. For anything that is not x or y, select a value that suits you.

The shape of the graph will not be affected by your choice, only the lengths of the axes.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?