Circular Motion

Mass

Are you crazy? Clearly the masses are in a state of pure equilibrium with the net conservation of mass modeled by the equation F= GvC, where C is a constant! Chaos theory would predict that the flux of friction dissipation would be inversely proportional to its mass in a vaccuum!

Just kidding

I must be crazy what was i thinking. I forgot about the flux of friction dissipation! Tide, looks like we have some work to do! How could I have over looked that. Btw, Im working on a flux capacitor to put in my delorean. I think your Chaos theory equations might just be the model i need to make it work! :rofl:

Wow, thank you everyone who has gone through all this trouble to help me. Unfortunately, I feel the situation has gotten a little out of hand. So to prevent people from debating and hitting themselves with baseball bats (ie: zapperz), I'll tell you what my physics teacher explained to me. Basically, if the masses were doubled there should be no effect on velocity. I don't really want to go into equations, but I think Sirius got the gist of it.
2Fg = 2Fc
2mv^2/r = 2mg
*cancel 2m*
v^2/r = g
v^2 = gr (which is the same as the original weights)
How I got a completely different answer, is a complete mystery on its own.

FZX Student, in your case you have to remember that there was a simplifying assumption. You assumed that it spun on a horizontal plane. What tide and I did was a realistic case that includes the effects of it not being horizontal. In actuality its not really spinning around in a flat disk.