1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Eng - What should I do?

1. Sep 18, 2010 #1
    Hey everyone, this is my first post on here. I'm in junior college right now, getting ready to send out applications for transferring, but I'm still undecided on which field to go for. I've read a lot of sites online, talked to a couple of people, and gone back and forth on which way to go, but I'm still undecided. I have pros and cons about each one so I'll explain my problems with each one and maybe I can get some advice.

Mechanical - Not very mechanically inclined, didn't grow up with erector sets and fixing cars. Also since there are so many different industries for mechanical, feels overwhelming where to go into

Electrical - Worried about international outsourcing (I'm in the US, just to clarify) taking over and diminishing job opportunities here. Circuits class I took was alright, too much of a beginner class and didn't really get to see what can be done

Civil - Relocation. I don't mind a commute, but I've read a lot about civil's who go from project to project all over the country and internationally. Having to travel once in awhile wouldn't be bad, but having to move all of the time isn't something I'd like to deal with

I appreciate any help I can get. I've taken all of the physics, and one field didn't pull me towards it any more than the other. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted