1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Civil Eng. Diploma to Degree

1. Sep 21, 2011 #1
    I am a 2nd year/3 in Civil Engineering Technology (3 yr. advanced diploma) at Fanshawe College and I am looking to continue into the Civil Engineering Bachelor of Eng. at Lakehead University, jumping right in the 3rd of 4 years. I would just like some advice from somebody who has done something like this. My grades are pretty good (average 3.7+ on a 4pt scale). I guess what I am wondering is if I am in good shape for University. I have heard a lot about the intensity of University degrees in Engineering. I would just hate to go into it ill-prepared and end up not finishing because I can't hack it. Any advice is appreciated!

I haven't ever taken calculus before, but have it next semester. I've heard its hard, but only gets easier with practice. I'm not worried about that really. I have a pretty good grasp on everything i've learned so far. I just have no idea how the transition from college to university will be, if the college transfers will be less prepared than the returning university students. Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted