Clairvoyancy How did she do this?

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of clairvoyancy and the validity of psychics. The speaker shares their experience with a palm reader who accurately described specific events in their life and their personality traits. They question if clairvoyancy is a suppressed ability in humans and mention the possibility of challenging this idea by visiting a reputable clairvoyant. The conversation also touches on the subject of fake psychics, sharing examples from TV shows and personal experiences. The idea of experimenting and recording psychic readings is suggested to test their accuracy. The conversation ends with a mention of plants in the audience who fake connections with the other side to gather information.

i don't think that it gives me special ability, it's actually very confusing and makes it difficult to do math, added to my difficulty with it in the first place. This was about whether or not people are born psychic. I was merely using the condition to make a point that senses have the capability of doing more than people assume. so let's get off the topic of my synesthesia.

Physics news on Phys.org

i'm not hallucinating, i just seem to be wording it wrong. as i said, i was using it as a point that people's senses can differ from one anothers.

kaytee said:
i don't think that it gives me special ability, it's actually very confusing and makes it difficult to do math, added to my difficulty with it in the first place. This was about whether or not people are born psychic. I was merely using the condition to make a point that senses have the capability of doing more than people assume. so let's get off the topic of my synesthesia.

Okay, fair enough, but I can't allow that last statement to go unchecked. Your comparison to synethesia was not a valid one. As far as we know, one thing has nothing to do with the other. All that synethesia [in this context] shows is that our senses can be fooled.

fair enough, i guess. haha. it made more sense in my head.

Please note that you are welcome to share your personal experiences that seem to involve the unexplained, but we have to stay away from unscientific interpretations of those events and explanations not based in known science. Sometimes we can explain things, and sometimes the claims remain a mystery.

why?

What in particular is excluded that you would like to discuss?

i'm just curious as to why things can only be looked at from a scientific point of view.

This is a science forum. :smile:

It would be best to review the posting guildelines.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5929

I'd first like to point out that I wasn't looking at things from a spiritual point of view but now that you mention it...

i think that would actually be best is for all those who shoot down anything that they can't explain because it doesn't come with it's own set of guidelines and formulas to stop hiding behind their textbook explanations and be open to the idea that maybe there is more to knowledge than just science. Some things are meant to not be understood, and slaving your life away trying to look for something that maybe we're not even supposed to understand seems like an awful waste.

Science forum or not, I can express my opinion, HEAVEN FORBID it doesn't agree with science %100. So you can take your smiley faces and posting guidelines and take that however you'd like.