Classified UFO files released: Australia

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
SECRET documents released by the Northern Territory Government reveal a mass of UFO sightings across the Top End, many of them unexplained.

The documents - declassified after 30 years under lock and key - detail a history of UFO activity across the Territory by a wide range of 'sighters', including RAAF crews and weather forecasters.

The files were classified and only became available to the public from the National Archives in Darwin, after 30 years. [continued]
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16000752-13762,00.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:
Oh this is just more propoganda and lies. Australia doesnt have an air force. :rofl: :rofl:
Hah hah, truer than you think. Our helicopters are falling out of the sky and our submarines leak. Oh, and our submarines' targeting systems have less computing power than the original nintendo. (Lots of controversy in the news a few years back).

lol reminds me of that flash movie friggin genious

"And Australia's like, 'WTF mate!?'"

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Did you have something to contribute?
http://www.raafmuseum.com.au/raaf2/index.htm [Broken]
Lighten up :biggrin:

Are the files online yet?

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
Lighten up :biggrin:
This subject is important to some people like me. Your form of humor lost its charm about twenty years go. :smile:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
All off topic posts will be deleted.

I found these australian UFO sightings:

http://www.project1947.com/47cats.htm#keithb [Broken]

Perhaps some of the declassified files are mentioned in there.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I have never found a site for offical [government] documents from Au. I would assume that one exists, or will soon.

Lol, as if current affairs shows weren't bad enough, I just saw an ad for tonight about classified UFO files being released. I'll keep you updated.

edit: oops, show isn't until monday, you'll all have to wait until then to know the TRUTH...

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Btw, in the UFO Napster above we have reems of documents avaliable from the NSA, FBI, CIA, USAF, DOD, the British MOD, and more. The Belgian military has officially recognized and disclosed a dramatic UFO chase from the early nineties, and a military intelligence group in France has released a large study on UFOs in which they declare that the ET hypothesis is likely correct. So, by making their files public, the Australian government is only doing what many have already done.

Edit: the French Study mentioned is the COMETA report. A link for the pdf is found in the Napster.

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...As the military watched the skies they saw a lot more than their own planes. Now found and declassified, secrets are revealed, like the night the air force tested a plane called the Canberra.

"Both people gave their reports. This object descended, came across the flight path of the Canberra, matched its speed, tracked with it, and departed at a speed over 3600 miles an hour," Mr McNamara said. [continued]
http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/story/?id=22042

Beat me to it Ivan. Keeping with their usual style they said absolutely nothing, showed some drawings of funny green men and a blurred photo or two of lights in the sky.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The point of interest is the files. From the article cited, it sounds like the military had a few encounters in the official record.

This subject is important to some people like me. Your form of humor lost its charm about twenty years go. :smile:
I agree.
The ridicule to which good, honest people have been subjected isn't funny, it never was. People have lost their careers, their families... for doing nothing more than speaking the truth about a phenomena that affects everyone of our lives.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I had to edit out part of your comments. They constituted an implicit conclusion about the nature of the enigma, which is not appropriate here.