Classified UFO files released: Australia

In summary, Australia has recently released classified UFO files that have been kept hidden for decades. These files provide details on over 1,000 sightings of unidentified flying objects, including witness testimonies and official investigations. The release of these files sheds light on the government's past efforts to conceal information about UFOs and raises questions about the existence of extraterrestrial life. The files are now available to the public, allowing for further research and speculation on the mysterious phenomena of UFOs.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
SECRET documents released by the Northern Territory Government reveal a mass of UFO sightings across the Top End, many of them unexplained.

The documents - declassified after 30 years under lock and key - detail a history of UFO activity across the Territory by a wide range of 'sighters', including RAAF crews and weather forecasters.

The files were classified and only became available to the public from the National Archives in Darwin, after 30 years. [continued]
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16000752-13762,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
Oh this is just more propoganda and lies. Australia doesn't have an air force. :rofl: :rofl:

Hah hah, truer than you think. Our helicopters are falling out of the sky and our submarines leak. Oh, and our submarines' targeting systems have less computing power than the original nintendo. (Lots of controversy in the news a few years back).

lol reminds me of that flash movie friggin genious

"And Australia's like, 'WTF mate!?'"

Ivan Seeking said:
Did you have something to contribute?
http://www.raafmuseum.com.au/raaf2/index.htm

Lighten up :biggrin:

Are the files online yet?

Pengwuino said:
Lighten up :biggrin:

This subject is important to some people like me. Your form of humor lost its charm about twenty years go. :smile:

All off topic posts will be deleted.

I found these australian UFO sightings:

http://www.project1947.com/47cats.htm#keithb

Perhaps some of the declassified files are mentioned in there.

I have never found a site for offical [government] documents from Au. I would assume that one exists, or will soon.

Lol, as if current affairs shows weren't bad enough, I just saw an ad for tonight about classified UFO files being released. I'll keep you updated.

edit: oops, show isn't until monday, you'll all have to wait until then to know the TRUTH...

Last edited:
Btw, in the UFO Napster above we have reems of documents avaliable from the NSA, FBI, CIA, USAF, DOD, the British MOD, and more. The Belgian military has officially recognized and disclosed a dramatic UFO chase from the early nineties, and a military intelligence group in France has released a large study on UFOs in which they declare that the ET hypothesis is likely correct. So, by making their files public, the Australian government is only doing what many have already done.

Edit: the French Study mentioned is the COMETA report. A link for the pdf is found in the Napster.

Last edited:
...As the military watched the skies they saw a lot more than their own planes. Now found and declassified, secrets are revealed, like the night the air force tested a plane called the Canberra.

"Both people gave their reports. This object descended, came across the flight path of the Canberra, matched its speed, tracked with it, and departed at a speed over 3600 miles an hour," Mr McNamara said. [continued]
http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/story/?id=22042

Beat me to it Ivan. Keeping with their usual style they said absolutely nothing, showed some drawings of funny green men and a blurred photo or two of lights in the sky.

The point of interest is the files. From the article cited, it sounds like the military had a few encounters in the official record.

Ivan Seeking said:
This subject is important to some people like me. Your form of humor lost its charm about twenty years go. :smile:
I agree.
The ridicule to which good, honest people have been subjected isn't funny, it never was. People have lost their careers, their families... for doing nothing more than speaking the truth about a phenomena that affects everyone of our lives.

I had to edit out part of your comments. They constituted an implicit conclusion about the nature of the enigma, which is not appropriate here.

Ivan Seeking said:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16000752-13762,00.html

The link isn't working for me.

1. What exactly are classified UFO files?

Classified UFO files are documents that contain information about unidentified flying objects (UFOs) that have been collected and investigated by government agencies or military organizations. These files may include sightings, reports, photographs, videos, and other evidence related to UFOs.

2. Why were these files released in Australia?

The Australian government has a long history of investigating and documenting UFO sightings, dating back to the 1950s. In 2010, the Australian government decided to declassify and release their UFO files to the public in an effort to promote transparency and provide evidence-based information about UFOs to the public.

3. What kind of information can be found in these files?

The released UFO files in Australia contain a wide range of information, including reports from witnesses, photographs and videos of sightings, government investigations and conclusions, and scientific analysis of the evidence. Some files may also include details about government policies and procedures related to UFO sightings.

4. Are there any credible UFO sightings documented in these files?

Yes, there are numerous credible UFO sightings documented in these files. The Australian government has a strict process for vetting and investigating these reports, and only those deemed credible are included in the released files. Many of these sightings have multiple witnesses and supporting evidence, making them difficult to dismiss.

5. Will these released files finally provide proof of extraterrestrial life?

While the released UFO files may contain compelling evidence, it is important to remember that they are not definitive proof of extraterrestrial life. The purpose of releasing these files is to provide transparency and evidence-based information to the public, but the ultimate determination of the existence of extraterrestrial life is still unknown and continues to be a topic of scientific research and speculation.