1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Clever books?

1. Jun 4, 2009 #1
    Hello everybody...

i want a book that talks about some clever applications and problems

in the fundamentals of physics >>

>> also i want a book that take the famous concepts of physics and prove it or justify it

clearly with pictures , mathematical proofs, clever experiments....

thanks...

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2009 #2
    :mad:

more than 30 readings...... replies= -1 !!!

let me explain it more...

I want a book not to study it deeply because i have done that but i want a book that give me more rnjoible practices and proofs ..

that is it...:redface:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009
  4. Jun 6, 2009 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to Physics Forums!

Do mean "enjoyable?"

At what level have you studied physics and math? High school? University?

5. Jun 6, 2009 #4
    university...

I have finished calculus one and two
    and the fundemntal of physics by Halliday

6. Jun 6, 2009 #5
    It seems you want something in between "The long road to reality" (theory) and the "Feynman lectures" (experiment).

7. Jun 7, 2009 #6
    In the future, you'll get many more replies and much more quickly if you're absolutely clear what you're asking in your original post. People don't generally enjoy squinting at misspelled and very vague messages and then trying to formulate an intelligent reply.

You could try some of the better popular science books out there (like some on http://www.sciambookclub.com/ [Broken]) or read a few biographies of famous physicists or mathematicians (some of them are surprisingly entertaining). I think I know what sort of thing you're looking for but it's a lot to ask. Most physics books are written for complete laypeople ,with stuff like 'Is time travel like in Star Wars possible?' or other dumbed-down nonsense, or it's very rigorous and math/equation heavy. I'll keep on thinking though; this is an interesting question.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  8. Jun 7, 2009 #7
    I'm very very sorry ..

also .. I'm thankful ... i will keep that question in my mind

thank you everybody

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook