Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CLiCCS: Life Cycle Costing Spreadsheet

1. Apr 25, 2007 #1
    This is a spreadsheet that I've been working on in my spare time for a few months now. This is the beta version and I'd appreciate it if people could take a look at it, use it for a few analysis and report back any bugs/problems or suggest some improvements. I'd recommend using Excel 2000 or above to run the application.

The purpose of the spreadsheet is that it allows you to compare two investment options in order to determine which one is the most financially attractive. Basically it allows you to compare the capital, operation/maintenance and decommissioning costs of any two investment options. It will calculate the life cycle costs of both and then display the results as a comparison, allowing you see to which one is the most financially viable and the level of savings (if any) that can be expected.

It is still necessary for the user to gather the cost data themselves and input it into the application but the analysis process is fully automated, plus a report is generated at the end of the analysis which can be printed out.

Anyway, it contains instructions which explain what it does and how to use it. I would also appreciate it if someone could come up with an example that I can use as a case study. Because I work in the water/environment sector, I was going to use a rainwater harvesting system as an example, but I think something like solar panels vs. grid-only electricity would be a better example to use, unfortunately I don't know much about the costs and potential savings involved.

Ps - the software will be freeware, I intend to host it on my website when it's been bug-tested. However I should also add that it can't be changed, sold, etc without asking me first.

Download Link:
    http://www.sudsolutions.com/freeware/CLiCCS_Beta.xls

Ps - you will need to have Macros enabled in order to run the spreadsheet. See your Macro Security settings if you are having problems.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted