Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Climate science

1. Sep 30, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0809/0809.3762.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2008 #2
    Geez Wolram, where did you find that one? Meanwhile be assured that the author, Prof Richard Lindzen will be lynched for his boldness withstanding political correctness.

4. Sep 30, 2008 #3

mheslep

Gold Member

Lindzen had a cameo in the documentary The Great Global Warming Swindle

5. Sep 30, 2008 #4

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I will move this to the social sciences forum.

6. Oct 1, 2008 #5

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Isn't it interesting that Climate Science debate doesn't seem to be Science.
    I thought the Enlightenment was the start of the separation of Scientific pursuits of knowledge and the separation of Politics and Religion out of hard Science. Or not.

Anyway, looks like we're in retrograde motion in this discipline/thread.

7. Oct 1, 2008 #6
    Right, I think that Richard Lindzen was a bit premature, exposing the 'motives' for climate scaremongering before reality has proven long enough for everybody to feel that's it's not warming at all. This way it resembles the skeptics oil company bribe myth.

Anyway, we can only hope to learn from it next time that we cannot afford biased science for decision making.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?