Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cliques on PF website

1. May 31, 2005 #1
    What virtual social networks have emerged from the discussions at Physics Forums? Do members of PF often enjoy instances of actual rendezvous? Would you count posters here among your best friends?

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2005 #2
    I tend not to become very socially involved with anyone I meet on forums but I have become very good friends with people through other types of internet communities before.

4. May 31, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

actually, I'm pretty sure that some people in the general discussion forum are people that you do not want to meet in person (nothing personal danger :tongue: )

5. May 31, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think most of us here have outgrown cliques. On any internet forum, I'm cautious about who I exchange personal information with, but I'm more inclined to want to actually meet people from here in real life than I am to meet people from other forums I visit. Haven't met anyone yet...but I'm really up for the idea of the Disney rendezvous with ZZ and anyone else who can make it whenever that happens.

6. May 31, 2005 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I feel very close to several of the members here and they have my "real" e-mail address. :surprised

I would love to meet some of the members in person, but haven't yet. I'm pretty good at determining the character of people and picking up on subtle things in behavior and personalities. I have met people in person that I first met over the internet and I've never guessed wrong about a person, so I feel pretty confident about my choices.

I feel that several people here at PF are my friends, they are definitely great people.

7. May 31, 2005 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

Thanks, Sis. Back at ya!! :biggrin:

Ivan and I have become very good friends with Intergral and his wife. I got to do some critter-sitting for them while they were in Disneyland earlier this month. We go out for Thai and get together for barbeques at each others houses. Integral makes a WONDERFUL tri-tip roast on his barbeque and has a sweet puppy and BEAUTIFUL cats. :smile: His wife is REALLY WEIRD (like ME :biggrin:) - and I LIKE her a LOT!!!!

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  8. May 31, 2005 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oooh, I read that bit and was impressed by the capabilities of PF. :buggrin:

9. May 31, 2005 #8

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Generally, this forum seems a pretty safe, happy place, I like it. Obviously you can never be too careful, but if any of the North England crew were ever nearby then I'd be happy to go for a pint or two...

I'd hereby like to create a North of England clique. Matthyaow, ic, you're already in. Big up!

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  10. May 31, 2005 #9

Astronuc

That's worth a trip to Manchester. Now I just need to convince the company. :biggrin:

11. May 31, 2005 #10
    Yay!! We should have bi-monthly meetings in Leeds. Brewnog, you can be the president of the club. Matthyaouw can take the minutes and I'll be the floor. I propose the motion that we have to get really drunk on JD at all our bi-monthly meetings. Let's open the motion to the floor....

12. May 31, 2005 #11

Evo

The most notable would have to be the PF Sisterhood (aka Nuns with Guns). :approve:

13. May 31, 2005 #12
    rofl, you brits are awesome.

I wish I was in one of the PF cliques, but as people here can tell, from how I act, I am quite a jackass. :cool:

14. May 31, 2005 #13

Evo

You're one of the Thread Killers.

15. May 31, 2005 #14
    I guess one could argue that; however, I have been hardly active in the thread for the last 3k posts or so.

16. May 31, 2005 #15

Evo

3k posts = 2 days :wink:

We always think of you and you are a ray of sunshine in the thread. :approve:

17. May 31, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's your own fault. Nobody kicked you out. We welcome your company (at least those of us who are still sane do). :biggrin:

18. May 31, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

And just how do you justify including yourself in that group?

19. May 31, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Compared to my company in there lately, I'm definitely still among the most sane there. :tongue:

20. May 31, 2005 #19

Danger

Gold Member

Point taken. But if you qualify, then so do I, and that just doesn't seem right.

21. May 31, 2005 #20
    Have none of you discerned my keen double entendre - "Clicks on PF website"?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?