1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cllege Advice

1. Jun 18, 2007 #1
    College Advice!!

Hi everybody,

I have posted here a similar thread some time before, however i am going somehow to rialive it, i hope u guys don't mind!
    Now it is likely that i will have another chance to study in the usa. This university that i will likely get a huge scholarship from is Texas Lutheran University, Texas. So, becasue as i have stated before i can also go to West Texas A&M University, where in both of them i will study mathematics, undergrad, I would like to know how would you compare these two universities, concerning their Mathematics courses, or their math program in general??

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2007 #2
    You do realize that Texas Lutheran University is a religious school, right?
  4. Jun 18, 2007 #3
    Yeah, but i am more concerned if its math department is a good one. Anyway, i do not have many options when it comes to studying in USA, because i am an international student, and cannot really afford to pay for the un on my own.
  5. Jun 20, 2007 #4
    Sorry for being so boring, but i really would like to know your opinion on comparing the above mentioned universities, no matter how discouraging your opinions might be?????
  6. Jun 20, 2007 #5
    For some reason I cannot find the link for the math deparment at West Texas A&M. However, I remember the faculty there not being too great from an earlier thread you created. Looking at the schools the math faculty went to at Texas Lutheran, you would probably be better off going there.
  7. Jun 20, 2007 #6
    I suggest you dont mis-spell "college" on your application:rolleyes:
  8. Jun 20, 2007 #7
  9. Jun 20, 2007 #8

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

yes, go to college, but not at liberty university, or life college. other than that, it does not matter much i suspect.
  10. Jun 20, 2007 #9
    go there, and then transfer to a university better suited for math/science undergrads. assuming you want to stay in Texas, don't forget about Austin, great great great school.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?